2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fallen victim to blazer bug

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Starting Member
two1nine is on a distinguished road
Default Fallen victim to blazer bug

Well I got bit by the problem bug 2nite....lets start off I had the irratic fuel gauge when I would have my turn signal iknew what time it was but it would still run fine but 2day I my truck spit out the battery light n the voltage gauge was at or lower than half way between 9 and 14 so I took it to get the code n they tell me to come back in the morn because they don't check after dark the truck sits for bout 20 to 30 min and it started up but I could tell it was struggling so it fires up but when it pulled voltage (i'd turn on my hazards) the motor would lope with the hazards...then when I went to pull off it would cut out...it runs in neutral but dies in drive....also I realized tht my dome light blew don't know if that had anything to do with it...also 1st start it would crank up after two tries everytime but after 1st it'd start right up

Old 08-25-2009, 11:40 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had the battery and alternator tested?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Starting Member

The alternator has been tested twice once on a autometer tester at one autozone results say bad take it to the bigger autozone down the street tells me its fine when tested with a bigger unit...battery was fine before last nite...now runtime may have been a determining factor between the 2 tests...but I'm lost....no truck for me

Last edited by two1nine; 08-26-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 PM
diazsinger is on a distinguished road

My 97 Bravada was the same way with the turn signal, alot of the gauges seemed to act a bit arry.

Now I can't get her to run it all.

About a year ago the water pump went out and my wife overheated it, I had the heads machined, I've replaced so much.

Tommorow i'm gonna pull it to a shop and just see if they can figure it out.

The reason i replied is because before it decided it wouldn't run again, it was doing the exact same thing yours is. If you get a solution let me know, and likewise i'll do the same.

thanks!

Old 08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Starting Member

i have to get a new alternator which i had already planned from the confusion but it got put off a week too long...have you tried to start it with a jump if it runs and when you raise the rpms and the alternator doesnt charge the battery that may just be the prob...like right now mine wont start but when i jump it or put a fresh battery in it will crank right up

Old 08-27-2009, 11:01 PM
diazsinger is on a distinguished road

I've tried 2 batterys i know are good, tried jumping it.

so far i've replaced in the last year
starter
water pump
coil
cap
plugs wires
fuel pump
filter
checked timing

i think it may be fpr or the injectors...but i don't want to buy anything i don't absolutely need.

I'm hoping my local shop will be like "oh here it was just a 20.00 sensor, she runs like a kitten now"

sorry too much starting fluid today.

Last edited by diazsinger; 08-27-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: fergot a werd
Old 08-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Starting Member

>>> Update- Problem solved...any luck diaz

Old 08-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by two1nine
>>> Update- Problem solved...any luck diaz
What solved the problem?

Old 08-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Starting Member

The alternator

Old 08-30-2009, 10:39 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Have you had the battery and alternator tested?
Yep, what I suspected.

Quick Reply: Fallen victim to blazer bug