2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fuel pressure test - Schrader valve size and fitting type

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Starting Member
dj00140 is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel pressure test - Schrader valve size and fitting type

Hey guys, Im trying to test my fuel pressure and got a tester but need an adapter to attach it to the schrader... Car is a 97 blazer 2dr 4.3l vin w,
What size is the size of the schrader valve threaded portion? The one in the fuel line... uel pressure gauge didnt come with a fitting that fit correctly, I got it at harbor freight for $10... it may have had one but it didnt compress the schrader valve to open it when I put it on... What size will I need and what type of fitting will compress the schrader? Thanks.

I dont know if this will work or not? They have a few different size adapters at this web-site...
http://www.fuelsystemparts.com/itemd...F-0001+eq++Tp+

Last edited by dj00140; 09-08-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Starting Member

anyone? I think its a -4an ??? which is a 3/8 or 7/16" I think I will have to get a valve tool and remove the schrader valve core and then just attach my adapter... But if anyone can verify the size or tell me of a schrader compressing adaptor that would be amazing or a pic of an adapter u may have for ur fuel pressure tester... Thanks.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Answered by me on numerous occasions. Asked so many times that I put the information in the Fuel Pressure Test tech article.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Starting Member

Well I saw in another thread you stated 4an but that was for a 95 cpi blazer, I think mine is also a 4an but I cant find anywhere that has 4an female schrader couplers... I have been searching the web for 2 days straight... I have tried so many things, Im going back to oreillys now to get a valve tool im just worried if I take it out I wont be able to get it back in or I will break it.... on ebay I found 2 schrader fuel pressure adaper a small and large/standard... but I always thought standard was the smaller ones like on bike valve stems.... I did search I read the fuel system diagnosis and all it talks about is hooking up the pressure tester to the fuel filter to check the fuel pump only!! THanks a lot!

Old 09-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

-4an is 7/16-20 JIC. Same thing. You'll find much more for the 7/16-20 JIC than -4an.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Starting Member

Well thanks swartlkk if anyone know where to get these 7/16 x 20 female fittings specifically to open schrader valves please send me the info!!!! Thanks to all and to all a goodnight!

p.s. Vikings making San Diego there

Old 09-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Administrator

In order to recommend anything, you'll need to specify what you need on the other end.

If you are connecting it to something that will be connected all the time, why not just remove the valve core (comes out just like a tire valve)?

Old 09-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Starting Member

Anything really preferably a 1/4 npt which is the most common adapter in my fuel pressure test kit, or even ****** <- barb ed (lol they edit out "b a r b e d") for 1/4 or 3/8" hose... I dont want to remove it because I am oly using it for fuel pressure testing...

http://manuals.harborfreight.com/man...2999/92699.pdf

That is the kit I have... Thanks swartlkk

ps nothing new w/ Vikings this season, 17 2nd half yards

Last edited by dj00140; 09-11-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Administrator

If all your testing is fuel pressure, why not make it easy on yourself and get the proper gauge. The one you linked to would work fine.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Starting Member

Thats the one I have, I just would have to remove the valve core cause there is only 1 hose that screwed onto the schrader valve and I will have to take out the valve core which I was trying to avoid bacause the other one I took out last time broke and wouldnt reseal when put back in... thats what I am worried about, i dont have a cap for the valve either which I just found and will have to order, also my kit does come with a small schrader adapter on 1 of the hoses also. There are 3 hoses and they dont tell what they are in the pdf but they are
1) 4an that fits the schrader but doesnt push down the valve
2) small schrader hose that would work on bike tire
3) the 3rd is a small 1/4 or 1/8" male piece w/ o-ring

-thanks...

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure test - Schrader valve size and fitting type