Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2009, 10:32 PM

portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuel smell

For the past month or so I have had an off and on fuel smell issue. Near the rear wheel/rear door on drivers side I can smell gas sometimes and not other times. I cant find any wet spots or drips. The lines are rusty but I think that I would see fuel if it sprung a leak. The tank and evap canister look fine, and the vent above the spare tire doesnt have any fuel odor. It still runs the same no change in idle speed or quality. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:04 AM

did I really already check all the things people can think of?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Administrator
2013 Cadillac ATS

rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

How's the gas cap seal?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:31 PM

it still looked good I added some vasoline just in case on it also, no odor from the gas fill area.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Starting Member

95Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Do you have the smell when the tank is full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, or does it happen completely randomly? Mine was leaking when it was over 3/4 at the top of the tank where the sending unit goes into the gas tank. It was missing the rubber o-ring under the lock. You have to drop the tank to inspect it though.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:51 PM

it doesnt seem to matter it will do it when it full all the way down to an 1/8th which is as low as I run it
Old 10-07-2009, 03:24 PM

mgkyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Purge valve

There is supposed to be some sort of purge valve back by the gas tank (above the spare tire, on some years).

You might see if that valve is the source of your smell.

po440 code and fuel smell
Old 10-08-2009, 12:00 AM

Yah thats the vent I checked above the spare, it doesnt smell like anything.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:00 AM

Tags
2002, 97, blazer, bravada, canister, chevy, evap, fuel, gas, location, missing, odor, olds, smell, smelling