2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

help with the 1995 cpi pos??? All pro's welcome

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Beginning Member
1995posjimmy is on a distinguished road
Default help with the 1995 cpi pos??? All pro's welcome

i have a question that needs a direct answer, no opinions from not know it all's. i have the 1995 w motor cpi setup. my question is it the pickup coil in the distributor was to go bad, would that cause erratic injection pulse in the spider assembly? have a no start issue and that is really the last thing to replace beside the crank sensor. could either of those being faulty cause erratic injector pulse?????????

Old 03-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, with an ultimatum like that...

What are your symptoms? Seems you fixed your 'no spark' issue... Didn't you already replace the ignition control module?

What ECU/PCM setup do you have in your '95? Full OBD1 (ECU under the dash with the OBD1 connector under the driver side dash), OBD1.5 (ECU under the dash with the OBD2 connector under the driver side dash), or full OBD2 (PCM on the passenger side fender under hood & OBD2 connector under the driver side dash)?

But if you only want one answer, I guess I'll sit back and see what happens with that.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Beginning Member

i have the complete obd 2 setup. i have a no start issue with erratic injector pulse. car will run with ethanol but no dice after that. have solid fuel pressure and spark. but when i probed the spider injector wires goin into the intake i noticed that my injector pulse is erratic. i replaced my ecm twice (with propor vin# calibration) thinking that was it and still no dice. so could the pickup coil going bad cause erratic injector pulse or could it be the crank sensor or something else?

Last edited by 1995posjimmy; 03-10-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked and/or replaced the in-plenum wiring harness for the injector? This is a known weak point.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Beginning Member

did when i changed the spider. soldered and heat shrinked. done the right way

Old 03-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Administrator

So you replaced the connector? If so, that *should* be good.

How have you confirmed that you have an erratic injector pulse?

Old 03-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Beginning Member

THE POWER PROBE, the coolest tool ever

Old 03-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Administrator

And... What is your criteria for it being an intermittent signal... Do you know what you should be expecting for an injector pulse?

Old 03-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Beginning Member

the injector pulse is erratic judging that it should be firing all the time not every three or four rotations.okay that is my diagnosis. what can cause the injector pulse to be erratic? COULD IT BE THE PICKUP COIL?????????????????????????????????? please answer my original questions

Old 03-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Sorry, I am actually trying to get to the root of your problem. I do not believe your methods are giving you the proper diagnosis. But I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut. Shame on me for trying to help. Good luck!

Quick Reply: help with the 1995 cpi pos??? All pro's welcome