2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Hazards won't turn off help

Old 08-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Blazerx85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hazards won't turn off help

My girlfriend was driving my blazer when she claims a small hunk of rubber flew up and hit the front of the blazer. She pulled over and turned on the hazards said nothing was wrong but when sge got is the hazards would not turn off. She could get the horn to honk while messing with it but thats it. I took out the fuse but now have no turn signals, break light or anything. I looked for a wire in the ignition area that I could cut that would just stop the hazard with no such luck. So if anyone can help me out that would be great. thank you in advanced

Old 08-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Hazards won't turn off help

You should be able to purchase a new hazard switch (run a search) which may correct the problem. If the rather inexpensive hazard switch does not correct the problem, you will likely have to replace the entire multifunction switch which is quite a bit more expensive.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate to get off topic but my 95's hazzard switch is busted, the little red thingy coming out of the steering wheel column, well I was jw if that could be replaced.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Same part for all 95+ trucks. Run a search and you should find the multifunction switch part numbre break down and associated part number for the switch replacement.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:53 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk
Run a search and you should find the multifunction switch part numbre for the switch replacement.
WELL..what am i supposed to type swartlkk!I PM'd you with this same issue weeks ago to have you make a thread out of it with attitude how taboo it was..I type in:

1.'Hazzard switch replacement'
2. 'Hazzard switch'
3. 'Multifunction switch'...

what am i supposed to sit here all day trying to dream up a code of words to crack the code then?You should link people up to the correct thread instead of belly aching & sending some off to 'fish' unsuccessfully.