2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Heater Blower motor just quit.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Riktar is on a distinguished road
Default Heater Blower motor just quit.

Jumped in this morning and as soon as I urned he key I noticed no fan. Tried all the positions and the only thing I get is what sounds like a faint click when I am leaving the "3" position going to he "4" (high) position.

Murphy must have a special place in his heart for me as he ALWAYS knows when it's best to read his laws.

Perfect timing.

For what i's worth:
2001 S-10 Blazer auto 4wd

Old 12-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Starting Member
stlwaco is on a distinguished road

Test power at the motor (under hood far passenger side against firewall). Make sure the blower speed switch is on hi when you do this. If you have power, then replace the motor.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:35 AM

Okay, someone cue "The Twilight Zone" music cause I just went out to test the leads and the damn motor is now working just fine.

While I could just be happy with that, this is NOT the time of year to just "go with it" and be left without the blower the next time it decides to go on strike.

Has anyone else had this happen and (eventually) solved the mystery?

Old 12-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Looee is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem on a Ford Probe years ago. The brushes were bad on the motor and it would work when I pounded on the dash board a bit. Eventually it quit working altogether.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:57 PM

The other thing I thought of was the temp: -8 when it would not work. Temps are above zero and it is in the sun now.

Maybe bad bearings/worn armature in the motor itself?

Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

you may have moved something when you went to test it. May have been as simple as a connection issue. Time will tell. Jerry

Old 12-15-2010, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i had this problem too, connection gets corroded or loose. mine would cut out on bumps...just find the wires "happy place" and secure it till you can fix it "right". try zip ties. maybe clean the leads...be careful housing plastic can get touchy and crack...my big mistake.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:51 AM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Riktar
..Has anyone else had this happen and (eventually) solved the mystery?
The brushes in mine were worn in a weird way,but still had life left on them,so i just took a dremel to them and recut the curve,no problems since sept now.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by blzR
The brushes in mine were worn in a weird way,but still had life left on them,so i just took a dremel to them and recut the curve,no problems since sept now.
You sir mus have the hands of a surgeon. THAT is a damn impressive feat.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:13 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Riktar
You sir mus have the hands of a surgeon. THAT is a damn impressive feat.
Ha,thx!
I was highly desperate not having any available time to order parts to arrive in the cold
temps,so i had no choice but to tear it all apart and do it like i did. To whomever designed
that stupid blower housing on 95 blazers, i put voodoo curse upon them!Putting it together was the stupidest of angles!

Last edited by blzR; 12-19-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Heater Blower motor just quit.