2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help: 1999 Blazer need VSS diagram

Old 03-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Doug W is on a distinguished road
Default Help: 1999 Blazer need VSS diagram

Getting the usual ABS, no speedo and nothing past 2nd problem.

Just installed a new motor so i want to see if there is a bad connection/cut wire somewhere since I had everything disconnected. I checked from the VSS sensor to the 1st connection at about the firewall/cruise control box and am good to there but no connectivity any any plug at the VCM.

Already checked any fuse that I think might be involved.

A wiring diagram would help.

Thanks!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Doug W is on a distinguished road

OK got it fixed. If anyone needs the info for future reference...

The VSS is the sensor at about 10 o'clock in reference to the transfer case output facing the front of vehicle.

The sensor at about 2 o'clock is not the one that feeds to the VCM but instead feeds into the interior, for what I don't know.

Anyway the VSS sensor is connected with a 2 prong female wiring plug.
This plug oddly is connected to a short section of wire (about 16"), connected in the wiring harness coming down from the firewall at about the cruse control box.

That short section of wire then exits the wire harness and ends with another identical 2 prong female plug. That plug connects to a short, 2" gray male double ended connector right above the transmission.

From there another female 2 prong plug is connected to wiring that joins the main engine wiring harness coming back up at the rear of the block by the distributor. The wiring harness is connected by a clamp by a engine to trans bolt.

The two wire end at the BLUE VCM connector terminals 29 and 30.

My male double end two prong connector wasn't making a good connection, perhaps from getting pulled out slightly with the motor change.

The VSS sensor wire looks like typical wire but is wrapped in adhesive backed shielding tape. They also include a bare steel or stainless steel wire in there, perhaps to make it more rigid??