2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Help 96 Blazer LS 4.3 Vortec No start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Starting Member
EricB is on a distinguished road
Default Help 96 Blazer LS 4.3 Vortec No start!!!

O.K here we go, I was driving and anything over an idle it would bog really bad. So I get home and start looking at things, I shut it off to it not starting again.. I checked the catalitic coverter for clog (NONE), It has spark, it has 40LBS of fuel pressure at the line at injector and 50+psi at 3grand and above, Ignition module tested good as well as coil, So I pulled apart and to check the only thing that I could think of (Spider Injectors) Also checked the Injector plug for pulse to turn on the injectors (all 6 sets of pins have the pulse when cranking) went to junk yard got injectors assembly and put back together.... Still no start, crankshaft sensor is good as well. I srayed a little starting fluid in injector box BOOM fired up and ran and stayed running (Ran rouph and poor idle still not much power. Hooked up to diag machine it says Mass Air Flow Bad. Unplugged it drove it for two day to work ran kinda crappy but ran. So still everytime you start it you have to spray a little starting fluid in the box. Got a new Mass Air Flow, (still not start right and still not much power. Now it will not start at all even with starting fluid.. O.K Sorry for long drawn out post but wanted to explain it all... I am at wits end ANY HELP would be kick butt. Thanks in advance.........

Old 05-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

40psi is no where near enough fuel pressure for these engines. It has to be over 55psi (key on engine off) for the engine to properly function and should remain above 50psi for 10 minutes after the pump shuts off.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Beginning Member
Surgin is on a distinguished road

Could be the fuel filter is mostly clogged, or the the fuel pump is on its way out the door.

Justin