2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hose by radiator hose??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:12 PM
rob1621 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hose by radiator hose??

I have a 2000 chevy blazer lt and im just getting done working on it and on the right side by the radiator, the radiator hose is coming out, there is small thin hose that runs somewhere down into the engine. I think its for oil, if it is what kind of oil?

Old 04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: hose by radiator hose??

Well right side looking from front toward the engine. If so then its engine oil on mine and the left hand side would be tranny.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 PM

hmm im pretty sure its not for engine oil. Its right infrom of the radiator connected to the radiator hose. Its also rummber and doesnt reall have an engine oil dip stick.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Which side of the vehicle are you talking about? Driver or Passenger? Driver side radiator tank has the engine oil cooler (if 4wd I believe) and the passenger side radiator tank has the transmission fluid cooler. The passenger side will have a rubber hose coming off of the top of the tank under the radiator cap that runs to the coolant recovery reservoir.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:15 PM

its on the drivers side. So its most likley the engine cooler line? what exactly do i put in there?

Old 04-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I'm following you here... The lines are not meant to be removed. They circulate engine oil from the engine, through the remote oil filter (under the radiator), into the cooler, then back to the remote filter housing to be redirected back to the engine again. The dipstick for the engine oil is on the passenger side. The fill port is also on the passenger side of the engine near the middle/back of the valve cover.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I think I know what he's talking about but I don't know what it is either.

Engine bay:

Is it on the A side (passenger's) or the B side (driver's)?

'A' side is right below radiator cap:

'B' side is next to intake air box:

And a closeup:

I'm thinking he means the 'B' (driver's) side hose.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:45 PM

Yeah side B. Thanks for the pictures!

- idk what that is, and what it is for.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Ah ok. The way you were describing it, it sounded like it went into the radiator, not that it was mounted onto the fan shroud.

That is the front diff vent.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:56 PM

aaaannnnddd is anything needed for that or????

Quick Reply: hose by radiator hose??