2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

How i can get more horsepower out of my 4.3

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Beginning Member
poertsch is on a distinguished road
Default How i can get more horsepower out of my 4.3

Hallo to everybody. At that time i drive a Chevy S10 Blazer 1997 4.3. I am from Germany and so i look for some idea and help in point of speeding up my 4.3 at the moment i was insatlled an Flowmaster exhaust and an AirAid Air Intake in my Blazer. But still to now it is not that where i can say wow he goes horny.
So my question is, what can i do to get him more faster at the beginning when he will be at the first gear. I hera alot of things about turbos and so on. But i want to here from you, your experience about that kind of performance work. Ok i know .. put in a 5.7. But this is to many work. Is there any option with parts where i can speed up my baby. I will be happy to here your idea about my problem. Thanks to all

Poertsch from Germany

you can contact me also directly over mp-djp@online.de

Old 06-11-2011, 04:06 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well: so much can be done to this motor! It is basically a 350 with 2 cyls chopped off! You can easily(depending upon your patience) drop in the V8 or you can make the 4.3 go like a 350 with some builds! I have personaly seen a 400 hp 4.3 run well on the road!

Old 06-11-2011, 05:57 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

goes horny? not to sure what you are trying to say?

Old 06-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Beginning Member
ryito1122334455 is on a distinguished road

well maybe a cold air intake will help, and a low flow exhaust, usually opening up the motor so it can breathe will help a little, start with cold air intake, and exhaust and go from there

Old 06-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for your information. At the moment i was senn those Volo Performance Chips. I was ordering me one to see how it works with my open Air Aid Filter. The Problem is in Germany all parts are so expensive. So i try to see where i can by some good parts in US. I was checking out at JC Whitney and Stynlinconcepts and was ordering already some parts. But only Styling Things. Is there some other shops where you can prepare. This will help me out. Thanks a lot

@dimone545 Sorry for my bad English we say in Germany when you drive and you Kick you car and it will press you in the seat that its horny. So my plan was to get me horny when my Blazer will be kicked on the gas pedal.
@step66 is there any Link or Information where i can see what they was doing on the 4,3 that this type of motor was getting 400Hp .... amazing
Greetings from Germany
Markus

Last edited by poertsch; 06-12-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I think firming up the pressure on the shifts made it funner to drive, I got the computer tuned by pcmforless, love the 1-2 shift will break the tires loose with some water on the road when shifting, plan on getting a vett servo for it sometime to get it to shift a bit harder. I also would get a good cold air intake.

Last edited by Karcinagin; 06-12-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Beginning Member

Hey Guys. What you think about a High Performance Converter? I was finding here this page Edge Racing Converters, More Horsepower with More Torque Guaranteed!. We have discuss this in our German Chevy Forum. But you know you have 20 people and 20 different answers. Also i was ordering me a VOLO V12 Performance Chip. Anybody have Experience on this?
I want to say thanks for all Info till to now from everybody.

Markus

Old 06-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Flatearthman is on a distinguished road

A cold air intake and a high flow exhaust would be the starting point, i have not heard of that chip manufacturer but that would be the next thing to do.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

Exhaust and Cold air intake then a tune from either pcmforless or wait4me. If you read this post along with other "4.3 more horsepower" threads they all say the same thing. good luck

Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't go messing with the transmission too much until you have made significant gains elsewhere. The stock torque converter is setup to take advantage of the torque the motor currently produces which comes in at a relatively low RPM. If you were to make changes to the engine which raise the peak torque RPM and drops low end torque, then a converter would help.

I'm not too impressed by what I see on VOLO's website...

Quick Reply: How i can get more horsepower out of my 4.3