2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2 New wheel bearings, still ABS problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:32 AM
01blaze4door is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 New wheel bearings, still ABS problems

I had the problem before i changed my wheel bearings, my ABS will work a few times, then the light comes on and it stays on until i turn the truck off and restart it. I heard things about the sensors in the wheel bearing itself, but why would mine keep tripping if i have BRAND NEW bearings???? PLEASE HELP

Old 02-17-2010, 08:42 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

There is an issue with the ABS sensors and wheel speed sensors in the trucks which causes the problem. I have the same one in my truck. Let me guess, it's a 01? lol.
Did your hub assemby come all together with the new sensors? I think you can get them without them so are they actually new sensors?
You might want to investigate the ABS control module too. They have a habit of going. Also, just a tip, post your vehicle information either in your sig or your post when you post. It makes it hard for peopel to troubleshoot when they don't know what they're dealing with. I just assume you have an 01 because of your user name.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:06 AM
01blaze4door is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah the new bearings came with new sensors, how should i investigate the module?is there a way to like test it?

Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Blazeme is on a distinguished road
Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

New bearings doesn't automatically mean that the airgap is proper. It should be, but it all depends on the quality.. Check the mV-AC output according to the thread below and let us know the results:
Brakes - Low Speed (below 5 MPH) ABS Activation