2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

I'm Back in a Blazer this time with issues (long post)

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 09:00 PM
cccfabioccc is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think the adapter is leaking i think the pan is above it and i cant get a socket or wrench past the adapter to tighten it

Old 12-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I remove the check valve from the vacuum lines and blow through it to test.

The level of vacuum should be about equal to the engine vacuum at idle. It will fluctuate, but shouldn't by much.

Ah, that sucks about the bolt. One bolt shouldn't cause much of a leak. The aluminum pans are pretty rigid at the rail. I was able to get to all of them on my old '00 Bravada, but things can change. If I remember correctly, I used a 1/4" socket, extension, & ratchet.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I remove the check valve from the vacuum lines and blow through it to test.

The level of vacuum should be about equal to the engine vacuum at idle. It will fluctuate, but shouldn't by much.

Ah, that sucks about the bolt. One bolt shouldn't cause much of a leak. The aluminum pans are pretty rigid at the rail. I was able to get to all of them on my old '00 Bravada, but things can change. If I remember correctly, I used a 1/4" socket, extension, & ratchet.
i was using 3/8 everything. i never thought of dropping down to 1/4" feels kind of dumb right now lol. the leak is tiny probably a 3-5 drops a week. i just don't so leaks ever. even my 1970 VW type 3 was leak free... for a few months at a time at least

Old 12-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to use my 3/8 stuff more often as well. Especially my stubby ratchet and my swivel head ratchet. Those two get used A LOT. For smaller bolts, I do tend to drop down to my 1/4 stuff though just to limit the amount of torque I'm putting into the thing.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:23 PM

This is a 7.5 rear end correct? 2002 4x4 blazer option RPO GU6 not a G80 option. Going to order a Zexel torsion posi unit not going to deal with this Gov-Lock crap. Who would make a 4x4 without posi smh almost left me stuck. i still haven't got that hose hooked up on the transfer case the part i can see and feel is very odd. it's like a larger hose connected to the t-case then an adapter to go to the 5/32 hose that goes to the y connector. I did get a scrap a/c control panel and it fixed my vacuum leak issue. on the downside the first time i drove it at night a couple bulbs are dead so i get to pull it apart again YAY! probably throw LEDs in it cause why not.

Attached Thumbnails I'm Back in a Blazer this time with issues (long post)-20160103_155849.jpg   I'm Back in a Blazer this time with issues (long post)-20160103_155845.jpg  

Last edited by cccfabioccc; 01-03-2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:43 PM

OK so when it rains it pours. my dad called me and told me a story he traded a scrap metal forklift for a 1999 short/short white s10. while it was on a storage lot the window got busted out and the tailgate was stolen. since he didn't want anything else to happen to it he gave it to me to keep at my house. so i now have an s10 too. options are:

V6/automatic
172k miles
that's all everything else is bone stripped.

my 4th s-series 3rd with the 4.3

since it's supposed to rain tomorrow I went to the scrap yard and got a window regulator and door glass and replaced those. since they tried to pry the window open until the glass broke the regulator was shot too. thats all fixed now. while i had the passenger door panel off i decided to look at the driver door since the interior handle and lock didn't work. the door panel wasn't really on except 2 clips which was indication #1 it was going to be more serious to me. once i had that panel off i was looking at the handle assembly which was super jacked up. everything other then the door shape looked wrong to me there was a giant wire harness in the door that looked like the power assembly. i opened the door again and looked at the vin tag and yeah that didn't match but somewhere a 1997 s10 is missing it's door. seeing that had a completely different interior i need another door thats correct for a 1999. no big deal i've taken a door off before.

well drove it around for a minute horrible misfire P0304 - and a cloud of steam coming from the rear driver side of the motor. YAY a third project car! i'm willing to bet intake manifold gasket needed but hoping the guy that traded it to my dad wasn't lying and it just needs a water pump . i hope and pray that compression is good and it just needs a new poppet. my luck is compression is good, water pump is bad, and injector is bad. either way assuming the compression is good i'll need to pull off the upper intake at least.

Last edited by cccfabioccc; 01-03-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:52 PM

s10 pictures.

Attached Thumbnails I'm Back in a Blazer this time with issues (long post)-548471_10153466916636859_5820353806969633766_n.jpg   I'm Back in a Blazer this time with issues (long post)-1910230_10153466916561859_4261161295156104795_n.jpg   I'm Back in a Blazer this time with issues (long post)-10577117_10153466916581859_7482208193190176357_n.jpg   I'm Back in a Blazer this time with issues (long post)-10639461_10153466916681859_3513848784190350937_n.jpg  
Old 01-03-2016, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Someone stole the tail gate? What the hell.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:39 PM

yeah.... it's actually super common out here. steal a tailgate then sell it on craigslist for $40-75. then buy meth lol sad but true. I'd actually just like to sell this truck quick for $1000 get it out of my driveway but i'm trying to sell it not on craigslist just because I hate CL people. I'd list this thing at half it's value and still have people trying to lowball me.

Last edited by cccfabioccc; 01-03-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:19 PM

so i got bored... the whole idle hands thing. i pulled the upper intake plenum on the s10 cleaned the poppets really well on cyl 4 and 3 and swapped them across (center pots) i half *** cleaned the rest of them with carb cleaner as well. reassembled it all and my cyl 4 misfire is gone. now i have a cylinder 2 misfire what the heck. the water leak is the upper radiator hose not the lower intake YAY! bad oil leak is the oil cooler lines.

I ordered the spider assembly from an 03 blazer out of oregon for $54

What i'm trying to find is the O-ring kit for the fuel lines in the top of the spider assembly i looked down in the one that there and only see black which makes me think the yellow ones are missing (or replaced with black) assuming the the new to me assembly has them im not too concerned. just don't really want to be using generic o-rings from harbor freight if possible.

upper radiator hose
spider assembly
oil cooler lines
tailgate
driver door
hvac blower relay and resistor
antenna (turns out was stolen too)
hood spring
passenger door glass and regulator
dash bezel (really needs a new dash but i don't wanna do it)

that's all it needs i think, then off to craigslist and back to the blazer.

Quick Reply: I'm Back in a Blazer this time with issues (long post)