2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Interior lights/curtesy lights fuse

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 08:32 AM
cjs030901 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interior lights/curtesy lights fuse

I have a 2001 chevy blazer 4x4 and my interior lights (dome, floor, and 4x4 indicator lights) stopped working, so I went to the fuse panel found the fuse labled "curtesy lights" pulled it and sure enough it was blown, however; when I went to replace it sparked and blew, then I tried a second time but pushed in the switch that the door hits when it closes so the lights go turn off, and yet again it blew that one too, so then I had one more fuse left so I made sure that the Dome override was in OFF posistion andpushed in the switch that the door hits to try a 3rd time- and wellit blew again....needless to say I need to pick up some more 10's but I don't know what else to do, do I need to diconnect the battery or something how come they keep blowing, anytime I have ever replaced a fuse it has neve done this, the only other thing I can think of is that there is a short somewhere producing to much elect. to that specific fuse outlet....? any ideas.....
thanks

Old 06-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Interior lights/curtesy lights fuse

You most likely have a short somewhere in the circuit that has caused the original fuse to blow. I would not continue to put fuses in until you find the problem.

Have you recently added any electronic equipment?

Old 06-07-2007, 08:45 AM
cjs030901 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not added anything on to the vehicle, how do I even go about finind where two wires are rubbing or it is shorting on metal...?

Old 06-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

When I get some time later, I can dig into the wiring diagrams and try to help you out as far as checking other areas. I'm at work now and don't have access to those resources.

Anyway, finding a short really is a pain. Most often, it takes disconnecting every item on the circuit and reconnecting them one at a time until you find the problem.