2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

interior lights stuck on - no help searching

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Beginning Member
Kendo is on a distinguished road
Default interior lights stuck on - no help searching

These lights are doing some weird stuff and i think the problem is with the time delay module. The lights work fine as long as I dont open the door.
When Im driving down the road, the dimmer switch will turn on the dome light if I push it all the way up. If I pull the handle half-way while driving, the light will come on and go out as soon as I let go of the handle.
When I stop the vehicle, turn off the motor, and remove the key, then pull the handle half-way, the lights come on and go off after 20 seconds, I can hear the module "click"
The problem arises when I open the door - the lights come on, I shut the door, and they never go off. If I reach in and put the key in the ignition and turn it to on, the lights go out and stay out. If I pull the handle halfway again from the outside, the lights come on for 20 seconds and go off again.
This is doing the same thing with both doors, If I open and shut the door, the lights stay on forever.
There is no dome override, only one dome light in the front, this is a 95 Blazer 4 door 4WD with no keyless entry.
I tried to find the interior lights control module but couldn't
Does anybody know where to find it?
Could this be the door handle switches?
Why would they act differently when pulling the handle halfway and all the way?
Why would both doors do the same thing?
I checked all 5 door switches and the dimmer switch, they all work like they should and I also tried manually depressing each one but the light never goes off after opening the door unless I stick the key in the ignition
ANY help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Kenny

Last edited by Kendo; 10-04-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

hah, I just went thru this with my 95 Blazer like a month ago... except my dome light would not turn off at all and the key alarm as going off continuously. and thisi s what i had to do to fix mine so i home it helps.

Under the pass side dash if you remove the lower cover you'll find 2 connectors a smaller one and a really big one. After i wiggled the plugs a little the dome light went out and worked fine. upon inspection of the plugs I found corrosion. so irecomment wiggling those plugs and see if that makes the light go out . if so separate the plugs and clean the connectors with electrical contact cleaner and a little bit of sandpaper then smear the plug in some dielectric grease and reconnect the plugs and that should be good after that.

This is what worked on mine anyway, however it's not saying that is defiantly what is going on with yours.