Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Beginning Member
1999 GMC Sonoma
My Garage

shade tree is on a distinguished road
Default Intermittent (ABS) and BRAKE! light

2001 S10 Blazer, 2WD, Automatic I am getting intermittent ABS and Brake warning light....comes and goes from time to time. I had this problem before I replaced brake pads and still have it afterward. If anyone has any advice on this, it will be much appreciated.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:46 PM

terry s is on a distinguished road

Possible ABS sensor problem but you need to use code reader to see if there are any codes stored.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:38 PM

db208508 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to db208508 Send a message via MSN to db208508 Send a message via Yahoo to db208508

Quote:
Originally Posted by shade tree View Post
2001 S10 Blazer, 2WD, Automatic I am getting intermittent ABS and Brake warning light....comes and goes from time to time. I had this problem before I replaced brake pads and still have it afterward. If anyone has any advice on this, it will be much appreciated.
I was having this problem with mine and pulled the fuse when the pedal started going to the floor and almost ran into my porch a few times. Read on another post that it could be the wheel bearings. Which are going out on my 2000 now. The ABS sensor is in the hub assembly so it makes sense that it would get bad readings and cause the light to come and go. My issues started with intermittent ABS and brake warning lights, then upgraded to the pedal dropping to the floor and now my wheel bearing is going out.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:55 AM
1997 GMC Jimmy

papacope is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to papacope

my parking brake light came on randomly for a while, it turned out that i needed a new parking brake cable and the light whent back off.
sony xplode head unit
sony xplode speakers
Alpine Flex 5 amp
2 12in Kicker L5s
2in RC lift
2in PA BD lift
Old 09-05-2009, 01:13 PM

Jerry is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Had the same problem after a lot of testing and found nothing. Come to find out that the left front hub was bad leaking grease and it was getting in on the abs pick up inside the hub. replaced the bad hub and the light has not come back on.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:21 PM
BF Veteran
1996 Chevrolet Tahoe
My Garage

Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Sisk

I'd say hub as well. My truck has the same problem, ABS and brake light are on constant though. I do need a new right hub. Make sure to get one that comes with the sensor though, as I believe it's the sensor that throws the lights on.

Old: 2001 Blazer LS 2Dr 4x4 - 201,900KM - RIP 11.1.11
New: 1996 Tahoe LT 4Dr 4x4 - 208,000KM

"The EH Team - Mad Dog Murdoch"

Old 09-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Beginning Member
1999 GMC Sonoma
My Garage

shade tree is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for responding.

It looks from the replies here that it may well be one of the hubs. With 4 wheel disc brakes, are the sensors only on the front wheels, or all 4?

Last edited by shade tree; 09-08-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:27 AM
1995 Chevrolet Blazer

BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

So, long story short, I broke my rear right brake hose off while I was driving on the highway. The pedal went all the way to the floor, and the "Brake!" light came on. I replaced the lines, filled the reservoir with fluid, bled them, checked the level...all is good. Bled, full of fluid, working fine. Only problem is, the stupid "Brake!" light will not go off. Last night I left my battery disconnected over night with no luck. Anyone know something I don't? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

Sounds like the brake switch has failed. It should be in the proportioning valve.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:45 AM

Tags
2001, 97, 99, abs, blazer, brake, chevy, codes, controls, gmc, intermitten, jimmy, light, s10, trouble, warning