2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

last try 4 help-ecm data link problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:13 PM
GodsMechanicalCreation is on a distinguished road
Default last try 4 help-ecm data link problem

OK, I'm a trial member... I joined up cuz I thought this was a pretty cool site and we ALL have them same RATS. I've already asked 2 questions in fairly common areas. I've had plenty of reads but but not 1 reply, i'm gonna try one last time in a more difficult area and i'm gonna CHALLENGE the experts out there to actually answer this one!!!
I seem to be having some electrical issues with this 95 Blazer,4.3L,4wd. It was running rough and surging at idle, I cleaned the TB and IAC... fixed, great. It had a check eng lite, must have been a soft code cuz its gone now ( before the cleaning). I plugged in my Snap-on scanner ( nice one) and it says "no communication". My buddies Modis ( even nicer ) says "no comunication". they power up from the vehicle and all the fuses are fine and when it was Inspected ( Massachusettes) the data link worked for them... WHAT THE HECK IS UP???

Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at your emissions sticker on the radiator core support. Does it say OBD2 or OBD1? Do either of those "nice" scan tools specifically call out OBD1.5 compatibility?

And before you go around criticizing the rest of us of not helping you, you asked some fairly basic questions that have been answered in MANY other threads. BTW, what is it that you are driving here? 95, 96, or both? And rather than get your shorts in a bunch over how many people have read, but not responded, you could have bumped the thread to either include more information or simply to bring it back to the top of the forum. Threads sometimes fall through the cracks.

Let me remind you that NO ONE here gets paid to provide assistance. If you are unhappy with the level of service, I am sure you could pay someone to fix your truck(s).