2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

lights flickering

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Paul Burke is on a distinguished road
Default lights flickering

Disconnected my battery for a day put in new one now all my lights have a slight flickering doublechecked connection even had alternator tested any suggestions?

Old 02-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it was fine before replacing the battery, I would bet there is a connection problem somewhere or a cable problem.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Default interior and gauge lights have faint flickering

Took out my old battery wouldn't hold a charge about a day later put in a brand new one.when I start the engine there is a flickering of the interior and gauge lights.triple checked all connections then tried a new aalternator no change.sometimes the flickering stops seems to be RPM related. Could it be a computer rebooting?

Old 02-12-2012, 09:00 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

First:
What year is your truck? If you dont want to see folks asking and having to write over and over what it is put it in your signature line. See 'user cp'

Second: Dont post new threads when you dont like the answers to the first... this aint stupid yahoo answers.

Third: This aint facebook, either so dont get huffy when you ignore the obvious or you think someone is asking the obvious. We're here to help..

Back on topic:
Did you try adjusting the brightness control? Did that change anything?
Do they flicker when truck isnt running? Turning headlights on/off, key on/off etc.

No, there's no direct 'computer involved' in dash lights.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Merged duplicate posts* - Please do not make multiple posts about the same problem.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 PM

Excuse my ignorance I'm new to this forum.Don't think I'm the one who's "huffy". It s an 03 its not just the dash lights and yes I have tried all those things.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Administrator

So I guess I made an assumption and made a statement that should have been a question. Was this occurring before the battery swap? If not, then the problem really has to be in the connections and/or wiring.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:14 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

play with the hazard switch and see if it stops flickering
Push it and pull it slightly

my moms yukon had a similar problem like this and it turned out to be that switch

Edit: I agree with swartlkk also if it concurred during the battery swap ya might wanna get the battery checked also