2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

MAF Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:16 PM
johnnylovsey is on a distinguished road
Default Iat

You know Captain its going on four days with the new IAC from Gm and no MIL but it has only been in the low 50,s and mid 60,s the real test will be when it hits 88-89 that's when all this started to begin with.But one other thing I don't use the TechII to reset any codes just as you said no real reason for it unless you just repaired it and want to show the customer that its fixed.I have went out and checked it with the TechII and it would say passed this ignition but failed last ignition and it usually was always that way but never made it to four days for quite a wile.But other than what the manual says about the MAF Sensor and the way it fails off and on.But don't think that is the case this time it seems like you nailed it as usual My thanks to you Captain for all you have helped me with.Sure wish there was a email that I could send pic,s of my newly made smoker I got four more on the bench almost done.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:22 PM

Well Captain when cold it seemed to be working correct and I got that sleeve and pulled it up to were it is supposed to be on the hose and my opinion is that isn't much of a heat deflector I think its to keep the air box from rubbing a hole in the hose,After going to lowes to shop today after the cold readings put up for you.I came back same thing Mil on and the MAF Sensor set it so when I got home I parked the car went in got the tech II scanner and did a warm reading after driving about 10 miles round trip.Hooked up the tech II started the car first then turned on the tech II scanner here are my warm readings.
Outside temp 85 deg,F
IAC 154 Deg,F
ECT 195 Deg,F
TFT 172 Deg,F
What do you think captain wrong Maf for the Blazer I think like I said will put back the original and see if there is a difference I wasn't never bad and I cleaned it up with MAF Sensor cleaner but with all the other parts I was replacing at that time the purge Valve the Vent Valve The map sensor and I think that was it at that time just wanted to know for sure nothing was causing my evap not to complete.So Captain there is also a brand new air cleaner and that shorty exstention doesn't quite line up but you said that was normal for the blazer.You know I did remove that box but it screws down in all four corners and there isn't much room for errour.[/QUOTE]But this temp reading was engine hot and not running and its supposed to be running isn't it.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:29 PM
Default MAF Sensor

Alright Captain I think its safe to say its not the IAT and the code that comes up every other Ignition cycle is PO102 MAF sensor and it is a auto parts replacement the second new one they replaced the first with a brand new one but end result is the same. Think the name is Spectrum not a gm part so today # 5 no MIL came on.And I decided to put the original back to see what happens there was't anything wrong with it I accidently turned the key on while it was unplugged and that turned on the mil so it was always ok as far as I know and if that's not it the only other thing I can think of is the replacement of the alternator with a 145 amp instead of the normal 100 amp.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Default MAF Sensor

Well Captain I am happy to say the MAF Sensor was replaced yesterday with the original equipment that was never broke It just was thought to be on accident.
After putting back the original MAF the MIL was off the first start and all the way home with 65 Deg, temps next day with 16 Starts in 75 Deg, temps and not a single Mil That Spectrum was brand new and so was the one before it.Well you know what it was doing but think that is all gone now with the original back on the job.The IAT is new and a gm part as well and the MAF Grommet is a gm part as well found a site online discount GM Parts I have also replaced the vent valve the Purge Valve the MAP and one more on the manifold rite by the MAP can't think of its name rite at the moment but its new too.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 05-01-2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Default MAF Sensor

Just wanted to say the one that said Blazers are picky about there parts for the last month been getting PO102 MAF Sensor even with two thats rite one rite after the first one kept failing at 59,65,Deg,s Brand new Spectrum MAF Sensor but for know reason other then it wasn't the original Delco Remy or original GM parts.And once replaced with the original one for the car been running all over town without a single code or MIL at temps up to 84 and rising with no affect on my blazer the air conditioning is so cold had to back off the temp because it was freezing my knuckles on the steering wheel.Oh yea thats rite thought the going gas milage for the 18 gallon 4.3 liter L/S four door 4x4 was 15-18 city so why am i getting 22-23 city for the last four weeks ever since adding the gas treatment to the tant from O'reilly's like I always do before a emission test.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:38 PM
Default New Smoker

Captain got a or a few questions for you but lately you haven't seemed to be saying much at all didn't go and retire on me did you.You know or I have mentioned enough that you should know that I built a smoker from a paint sprayer unit and it works great wish I could send you a pic of it just touched up the sealant so it realy looks and works great.But the thing I wanted to ask you about was I sent you blueprints to a simaular build but I didnt follow there build at all the only simularity is the fluid used is baby oil and it has a heating element but like the one patented in 1999 they didn't use compresed air to run theres.Now its been since 1999 since they filed for a patent do you think there patent should stop me from filing for one myself and do you think that if there patent is still good it wouldnt make any difference on mine since the only simularitys are they use baby oil to create the smoke and it was there article that mentioned the dye and got me to thinking I should be able to use dye because the flash point was 12 points lower or higher don't remember but could look it up very easily.And the boiling point was 20 Degrees different then the dye I purchased at the auto parts store but putting the dye in my tester was the best Idea I ever had because when I smoked the evap system it showed me where the pin leak was and I found it real easy with the dye but couldn't find it at all with smoke that gave me the Idea of finding a real sensitive gauge to mount to my smoker proto type and then you wouldn't even need to smoke the evap system you could preasurise it with less then a 1/2 pound of preasure from the regulater I supplyed the smoker with.And then you could watch the guage for it to lose preasure.Captain you realy outo send me a email to my email so I can send you the pick,s I will dispose of the email rite after use so you dont have to wory about it getting into the wrong hands.Trust me I dont have the gauge mounted to the top but thats were it will be and you can see for your self for the cost there isn't a safer or less exspensive alternative to mine.On the market today.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 05-03-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Default MAF Sensor

By the way Captain its been since last Saturday so 6 days today its 75 already and four ignitions no code or MIL looks as if the problem is resolved original equipment Gm parts work every time a little more costly but as mentioned there are sites to help with that.Cheapest Gm parts.com.Well worth the cost compared to the cost of having one in there not made by gm or delco.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 05-06-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:43 PM

Captain I have applied for a patent for the smoker I built and I sent the advertisement site for Blazer . com a pic of it working on my engine and I told them to give you a copy of it did you get it just wondering.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Default MAF Sensor

This will be the last time I mention it since its working correctly with the original one back in instead of the brand new Auto parts one no make that two brand new was it Sentry that they carry but for some reason every time it warmed up 59 deg,or more the mil would come on now it has been 7 or 8 days now and it just hit 74 deg, and still no mil like before with the original every year I had the blazer but the one thing I wanted to ask you was seen in my manual there was a circuit were the Maf,Purge valve,the Vent valve and I think for some reason the directional compass and the temp were part of that circuit because wile having trouble with the MAF Sensor the directional compass and the outside temp kept needing to be reset.Just wondering Captain you are the most qualified to answer that of anyone I know and the other thing requested a patent for my invention expect to see it in all auto parts unless its to expensive for them but doubt it planed on asking $225.00 for it and am sure its well worth it it will find leaks in the evap system any vacuum line the exhaust system the complete engine and all of its gaskets if leaking intake manifold, venturi mount gasket AC if leaking can smoke it with out pressurising it.You can test the fuel tank with a adapter from mityvac,com also radiater leaks and hoses water pumps, oil pan seal oil filter transmision pan seal lines. And some thing else mityvac has a kit that hooks up with my smoker and test all those things in the automobile.So wont you let me know will be my last request on the ishue Captain Hook so wont you let me know if they gave you the pic of the smoker working on my car.And what do you think of there being a circuit that has all those things connected to it as well as the outside temp gauge combined with the in vehical compass.

Last edited by johnnylovsey; 05-12-2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:40 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has run its course and become repetitive.

*Thread closed*