2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

modulemaster.com ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Connie Sue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default modulemaster.com ????

Has anyone had good success with getting a EBCM rebuild from 'modulemaster.com'?

I have a '01 Zr2 Blazer and the ABS/Brake lights were either on or off at start up. I did post in a different thread that Kyle was so helpful with, & I did follow his recommendation and got a 'QUALIFIED scan performed (not AutoZone again), the only code stored was C0265 which was explained to me as "No voltage out of EBCM or Open Circuit". The Chevy Service Manager had trouble keeping a SMILE from showing when He quoted me $830. for the part + labor, but He was confident the entire repair could be accomplished for under a THOUSAND.

Doing reasearch on many search engines, modulemaster.com seemed to dominate all searches. Thier sight is very informative, which actualy listed the code C0265 as a common type of module failure. The cost to rebuildMY module (not exchange)seems very reasonable at $150. flat rate + shipping, &with a 5 year guarentee. They provide exact removal & installation instructions, and I am confident that I can do this myself , & without having to park the Zr2 while waiting the 3-5 days for them to get the module back to me.

So,..... just looking for anyfeedback on modulemaster.com. Good? Bad? Indifferent? Anybody got anything to say? Recomendations? Thanks in advance for any assistance.......... Connie Sue

Old 09-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: modulemaster.com ????

Doesn't look like it would be all that difficult although the bleeding procedure for an ABS module may require a high feature scan tool to cycle the valves. But that would only be if they replaced the whole pump module...

One thing to check first is that the ground for the ECBM is good. C0265 - The EBCM microprocessor detects low feedback voltage from all of the valve solenoids when the relay is commanded on. This could be caused by a poor ground connection not allowing the proper power to the ECBM when the relay is commanded on. Ground G110 is the one that you are looking for. I believe it is on the driver's side frame rail and there will be some other grounds there as well. You will want to make sure that you clean the frame rail very well as well as each of the ground rings.

I would give that a try before spending a bunch of money. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Connie Sue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: modulemaster.com ????

Hey Kyle, Thanks!! I will definetly check and clean the ground connections........ dah, I never thought of that, I guess that I am not all that smart after all. At least someone isn't telling me sensor's, sensor's!!! According to modulemaster, no disconnection of the brake lines is necessary, just remove the electronic module from the ABS assembly and send it to them (must cover & protect selonoid/valve stems on ABS pump). Vehicle still driveable without Anti-Loc feature. I would still like to hear from someone that has had an expierience with modulemaster.com, but if the grounding thing works out it's a null point.......... Connie Sue