2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

my blazer wont start , it was working earlyer pls help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 06:56 PM
tyrant46whtcobra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my blazer wont start , it was working earlyer pls help

my blazer wont start now, i just drove it 6 hours ago and now i go and try to turn on and nothing, i dont hear the gas pump, i check all fuses in hood, and in driver side passager, and nothing is blown... pls help!!! can it be the pump just goes out just like that? how do i test the pump ? how do i test the if there is power to the pump? thanks guys/gals

Old 09-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Starting Member
JediKnight2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: my blazer wont start , it was working earlyer pls help

What do you mean by...I try to turn on and nothing...do you get ANY power whatsoever to the lights, dome light, etc...

Old 09-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

We need some clearer information. Lets start with what you are working on. Year at a minimum. Then, tell us if it is turning over without starting or not even turning over when you turn the key to the "START" position. Everything else is year dependent.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:13 PM

oh sorry , i tried to turn on the truck, and it turns over but wont turn on

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

its a 2001 blazer 2 door, i put some gas in the throttle and it turned on for a moment then shut off, that all i done, im about to drop the tank tonight.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:15 PM

its a 2001 blazer 2 door, i put some gas in the throttle and it turned on for a moment then shut off, that all i done, im about to drop the tank tonight.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it made an attempt to stay running after you poured fuel down the throttle body, then it is likely that the fuel pump has died. To have the engine run properly with the intake tube disconnected, you should disconnect the MAF sensor.

The fuel pressure test port is located behind the throttle body on the fuel supply line (larger of the two fuel lines). Fuel pressure should read 55-60psi. If it is below 50psi, the poppet nozzles will not even open.

You can supply power directly to the fuel pump by removing the fuel pump relay in the underhood fuse/relay center. Look on the side of the relay and you will see a schematic of how the relay works with numbers. Look at the one that is switched and jumper where these two pins go. Provided that the fuel pump fuse is still good and the wiring to the fuel pump is not compromised, this will supply power directly to the pump. If you still do not get the proper pressure, then the pump is likely bad.

Do yourself a favor and purchase an AC Delco pump. Check out ACDelco.com and type in your zip code to find retailers in your area. Much of the aftermarket replacements are of poor quality and this is not a job you want to do more than once!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:40 PM

thanks for the info, one other thing where is the fuse for the gas pump? thanks

Old 09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Administrator

The fuel pump fuse will also be in the underhood fuse/relay center. The diagram showing what all of the fuses are for will be on the underside of the cover.