2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

01 was a year only trans. According to car-parts its only showing trans from a 2001.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, late 1995 through 2000 PCM's have 4 connectors, and a black plastic top with cooling fins. 2001 was the first year of the aluminum PCM using 2 connectors. I'm not aware of any differences in the transmission, but as we all know, anything is possible, good call

Old 06-14-2013, 05:26 AM
Starting Member
Charder is on a distinguished road

So your saying im screwed and have to buy am 01 trans which i cant find anywhere local...

Old 06-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Starting Member
blown262 is on a distinguished road

I just read through a download from GMs server, that there was a minor change in nuetral safety switches made in 2001. The wiring diagrams look almost identical, but there is a stated difference. If you used the NSS from the "new" tranny, try putting the old one on and see if this helps. So far that's all I can see. When I get more time, I will log on and get more details.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by blown262
I just read through a download from GMs server, that there was a minor change in nuetral safety switches made in 2001. The wiring diagrams look almost identical, but there is a stated difference. If you used the NSS from the "new" tranny, try putting the old one on and see if this helps. So far that's all I can see. When I get more time, I will log on and get more details.
Ok ill let my mechanic know to switch the nss. Thanks

Old 06-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Starting Member
blown262 is on a distinguished road

Any update on this. Curious to see how things are turning out, for future reference with the changes in 01 blazers.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by blown262
Any update on this. Curious to see how things are turning out, for future reference with the changes in 01 blazers.
still no luck with my truck, it is still at the mechanics without any progress..

Old 07-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Starting Member

UPDATE!!

still no luck with the truck, my mechanic is officially stumped. he gave up trying to fix it so i went to his house and picked up my truck and drove it home,
the drive home was the first time ive driven it since it broke down back in February and i finally got to see for myself how it drives and what was wrong with it.
so heres what i noticed:
-upon start up i have an abs light and service 4wd light and no lights on my 4x4 switch
-while driving the emergency brake light comes on( which i think is becuase of the rcx lift pulling on the ebrake cable)
-while driving the speedo does not work
-while driving it seems to be stuck in 2nd gear
(i have some acceleration and it does not shift to any gear, and at 3000 rpm the speedo app on my phone says im doing 40-45 mph)
-i can put it in 1st gear manually and then manually shift to 2nd, but when i manually shift to 3rd it just revs up like in nuetral, and if i shift back into drive it remains in 2nd.
- now after driving it the service engine soon light came on but i dont have a scanner to scan it right now i hope to have one my the weekend.

my mechanic said he replaced the speed sensor and we changed the TCCM multiple times with junkyard ones and we tried a brand new one from GM all having no luck.the TCCM fuse just kept blowing out.. and he thinks the NSS has nothing to do with the problems its having so im on my own now trying to fix this.. i have limited tools and limited space to work on it being as i just moved out of a house into an apt.

could it be a shift solenoid?

anybody have any ideas on what the problem may be and how to fix it.
im bout ready to sell this and take a huge loss,, but i really really dont wanna have to do that!!

Old 07-18-2013, 05:12 AM
AndrewO1991 is on a distinguished road

With no input from the speed sensor the speedo isnt working and the trans will go to limp home mode. (Stuck in 2nd gear) Inspect the wiring from the vss (vehicle speed sensor) to tge pcm. I beleive the pcm recieves the signal, at least this is the case on my 96. I always thought the TCCM was just for the transfer case but i may be wrong. Inpect all connectors at the pcm and the harness going to the trans and transfer case. If you can, swap an known good pcm. Also the transfer case uses the vss to judge shifting the transfer case into 4lo so with no input it "may" shut down. As well as abs. As for the brake light idk.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by AndrewO1991
With no input from the speed sensor the speedo isnt working and the trans will go to limp home mode. (Stuck in 2nd gear) Inspect the wiring from the vss (vehicle speed sensor) to tge pcm. I beleive the pcm recieves the signal, at least this is the case on my 96. I always thought the TCCM was just for the transfer case but i may be wrong. Inpect all connectors at the pcm and the harness going to the trans and transfer case. If you can, swap an known good pcm. Also the transfer case uses the vss to judge shifting the transfer case into 4lo so with no input it "may" shut down. As well as abs. As for the brake light idk.
Ok ill check the wiring from the pcm to the vss this weekend.. as for the brake light i think the ebrake just needs to be adjusted because i thimk after the lift its pulled too tight.. i think i hear the brake rubbing while i drove home, i just thought it was rust on the rotors from sittong so long..

Quick Reply: need help!