2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need some guidance on fuel filter change

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Beginning Member
Vicer_Exciser is on a distinguished road
Default Need some guidance on fuel filter change

i am curious on how i should go about changing my fuel filter. i have located it but not sure what specifically needs to be taken off (other than the filter of course)

Old 11-21-2010, 09:11 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

It would help if we knew what vehicle it was on

Old 11-22-2010, 04:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech* - Please read the descriptions of the forum sections and choose appropriately before posting. Gen Chat is not for technical advice.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Beginning Member

2001 4wd lt 4.3 liter i dont know what else you need to know

Old 11-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

One end will be a quick connect fitting and the other end will be a threaded fitting.

Careful use of a small screw driver or two will take care of the quick connect end and some open ended or 'liner' wrenches will get the threaded end.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Beginning Member

i cant tell which way to turn the threaded end. theres two places to use a wrench. am i suppose to turn both opposite ways to loosen the thread? could i use some bolt breaker stuff to make it a little easier to get off. theres very little room to work with under there.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:40 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hold the 'nut' on the filter with one wrench and turn the fitting on the fuel line. Remember 'righty tighty, lefty loosey'? IOW, turn it counter-clockwise. Relieve the fuel pressure before you disconnect it or get ready for a bath.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Starting Member
LRV31 is on a distinguished road

Fuel filter replacement thread:

https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...+fuel+pressure

Old 11-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Beginning Member

ok i was able to get the nut unscrewed. but now i can not get the filter out of the damn brace that its in. nor can i get the hose part off the other side either. its really cold out and i need to get this done. what or in what order do i need to do in order to getthe filter out

how do i get to the bolt that holds on the bracket?

**** it. im just going to have to get it towed to a shop for them to do it

Old 11-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Socket & ratchet work well at getting the bolt out of the bracket.

And as I said, a pair of small screw drivers can be used to disengage the quick connect clips. Just look at the new filter and the plastic clip that is on the quick connect side to see what needs to be pressed in to disengage it.

And calm down a bit. Wait for responses. DO NOT let your frustrations flow over onto the forum. That is highly inappropriate and will not get responses, but rather push people who may be able to help away.

Quick Reply: Need some guidance on fuel filter change