2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Beginning Member
phatnogin5877 is on a distinguished road
Default Need wiring help

2000 Chevy Blazer, 4 door, 4wd, 4.3l Vortec

Hi there I need help with some wiring. I need pinout info and or diagrams for the PCM / ECU / Computer (whatever you want to call it) There are four small harnesses going into it and are labeled on the unit as Red, Blue, Black and White. If someone has a diagram and or pinout of these it would be very very appreciated. Also On my fuel pump there are 2 connectors, a square one with 4 wires and a oval one with I believe 3 wires. On the square one the wires are Purple, Gray, Black, and Black w/ White stripe. If someone could itentify all of these for me that would be awesome! I know the purple is for the fuel level sending unit but I am unsure of the other 3 in the square connector. As for the oval conector I thing that is for the fuel tank preasure switch but I could be wrong. My wiring diagram is giving me conflicting info.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Beginning Member

Bump. Surely someone has these diagrams.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to search and you need to do alot of it. heres the problem; for all the diagrams i was able to find, they were incorrect. there are a whole bunch of diffrent pinouts depending on things like year and engine size. i litterally stumbled around just to find the correct tach wire because the pinouts i found were not correct. so short of purchasing the actuall diagrams from the dealer or getting a book or peice of software or whatever, good luck. use a multimeter and test wires before you commit them to being a certain pinout! did that make sense? what i mean is dont just asume a pinout u find is correct and wire it up that way or u may fry something. hope it helps. also try checking over s10 forum.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Beginning Member

Long overdue BUMP. Anyone have these diagrams?

Old 09-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

These should cover it. I've posted them before...

Along with the fuel pump:

You are correct on the fuel pressure sensor connector.

All of the above is applicable to the 2000 model year s-series trucks.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Beginning Member

I bow in your pressance sir1 Thank you!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My pleasure.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Beginning Member

Would it be too much to ask if you if you also have the diagram for the instrument cluster pinout (Speedo, Fuel, Etc). Last one....I promise!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Old 10-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Beginning Member

1st off let me say big belated thanks to swartlkk for posting the diagrams i needed!

However, I am still at a loss. My fuel gauge is still on E and the "low fuel" light is still on. I have confirmed that my sending unit/pump is good (brand new from dealer, after my cheap ebay one failled after only 2 weeks). The new pump also came with a new plug that I wired in. I have confirmed that all of the wiring to the computer is good ( I ran new wires). I have also confirmed that my entire instrument cluster is good also (replaced with a known good unit). Does this mean that my computer is bad?

According to the cluster pinout diagram, there is no wire directly feeding the fuel gauge from the computer. I am assuming it is getting its info from one of the serial data wires (pin A6)? If this is correct I guessing this means my computer is bad? The only other clue in the mystery is that my check engine light is on and and giving a code that my "fuel canister purge valve solenoid" is bad. Could that have anything to do with it?

Any and all feedback/suggestions will be much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Need wiring help