2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gary Burleson
Does anyone have this in a format larger than it's current size ?
Something in the link redirects, which went into affect recently, has broken the links to the full resolution images. To combat this, you will need to click on the images I posted and remove the 'th_' from the beginning of the actual image filename, hitting enter once that is complete to load the full resolution image.

Example, the first link shows the 'th_' prefix to the image filename and the second does not:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../th_PCM_C1.gif
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ada/PCM_C1.gif

I have submitted a ticket to get this issue resolved so hopefully the links to the full resolution images will begin working after the ticket has been closed. Thank you for your patience.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Gary Burleson is on a distinguished road

Kyle, thanks for the quick response, worked flawlessly, now all I have to do is figure where these two dk grn/wht go from pin 1 and pin 3 on C1 peace out ! Gary

Last edited by Gary Burleson; 06-28-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Kevin Cody is on a distinguished road

O2 sensor question...seems like the best right place.

I am wanting to disable or trick the o2 sensor into making the ECU module think it is active. Which color wires, and what does the ECU expect it to be? A resistor?

any suggestions ould be appreciated. I am not wanting to replace this with a bore out ... btw.

thanks!

Old 06-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kevin Cody
I am wanting to disable or trick the o2 sensor into making the ECU module think it is active. Which color wires, and what does the ECU expect it to be? A resistor?

any suggestions ould be appreciated. I am not wanting to replace this with a bore out ... btw.

thanks!
Ain't gonna happen. Oxygen sensors are not monitored continuously for their performance. When the PCM runs the monitor for the sensor(s), fuel mixture is switched from full rich to full lean, then back to normal, (happens in less than a second). The PCM watches how long it takes for the change in fuel mixture to reach the sensor, and how the sensor reacts to it. Pretty tough to design something to "fool" the PCM. When it looks for answers, it wants them immediately, and they better be right, or the check engine light will come on

Old 06-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Gary Burleson is on a distinguished road

OK I have tried the above pin out diagrams they are for a fwd. I thought it would be no big deal but too many differences. Looking at the connection end on the pcm my connection of the four that I am working on is the upper left with black written over that port. The boot color on the wire harness green. Terminals are has follows, 1grn/wht, 2 blank,3grn/wht,4grn,5brn/wht, 6,7,8,9blank,10prple,11grn,12blank
13brn,14wht,15blank,16rd,17org,18blank,20wht,21bla nk,22brn/wht,23blank,24blu/blk...
The grn/wht on pin1 and pin 3 are what I am after, rodent chewed about one foot section off of this harness, unfortunately there are two grn/wht's . With battery disconnected I ohmed out one going to the BTSI and I think the other goes to the switch assm key alarm? . I can't determine which pin 1or3 goes where. 1999 S10 ,2wheel drive, 1GNCS13W7X2156426 .any help would be greatly appreciated. Gary

Last edited by Gary Burleson; 06-30-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:33 PM
Mic_the_Vic is on a distinguished road
Cool Pinouts

Originally Posted by swartlkk
These should cover it. I've posted them before...

Along with the fuel pump:

You are correct on the fuel pressure sensor connector.

All of the above is applicable to the 2000 model year s-series trucks.
==================
Hey guys...does anybody have these pinouts in printable form...the above images are only thumbnail size?? the fix to remove the th in the link does not work.

much appreciated

Attached Thumbnails Need wiring help-th_pcm_c1.gif   Need wiring help-th_pcm_c2.gif   Need wiring help-th_pcm_c3.gif   Need wiring help-th_pcm_c4.gif   Need wiring help-th_fuel_pump_connector.gif  

Last edited by Mic_the_Vic; 10-31-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mic_the_Vic
Hey guys...does anybody have these pinouts in printable form...the above images are only thumbnail size??
The issue described in the quote below (from this thread) still stands. You should be able get to the full res images by removing the 'th_' prefix from the image name once the link opens in a new tab/window, but it would appear as though there is currently a problem with Photobucket...

If you still cannot get to the images, feel free to drop the coin on an AllDataDIY account. It really is quite reasonable and will give you much more information (5 years access for your first vehicle runs you $45 and then $30 each vehicle after that).

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Something in the link redirects, which went into affect recently, has broken the links to the full resolution images. To combat this, you will need to click on the images I posted and remove the 'th_' from the beginning of the actual image filename, hitting enter once that is complete to load the full resolution image.

Example, the first link shows the 'th_' prefix to the image filename and the second does not:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../th_PCM_C1.gif
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ada/PCM_C1.gif

I have submitted a ticket to get this issue resolved so hopefully the links to the full resolution images will begin working after the ticket has been closed. Thank you for your patience.

Old 10-31-2016, 05:43 PM

That would explain it then... cheers for that..

I have searched far and wide and cannot find the pinouts...i really hope these are it

Old 10-31-2016, 06:36 PM
Default Images

Thanks guys...I managed to get the images of google archives...

google the following in images:

swartlkk pcm.gif

cheers

Old 10-31-2016, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Photobucket appears to be acting right again as well so the 'th_' removal trick should work. Just right click on the thumbnail and select 'open in new tab', then remove the 'th_'.

Quick Reply: Need wiring help