2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

No Lights: Underhood, Courtesy, Floor, or Dome on 2001 ZR2

Old 05-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Dusk4Ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Lights: Underhood, Courtesy, Floor, or Dome on 2001 ZR2

Okay, yes I have recently unscrewed the Fuse Relay Center in the engine to get better access to the ABS module so I could replace that. Prior to the replacing of the module, but sometime unknown exactly after I lost my underhood lamp, the dome lamp, the floor lights, cigarette lighter, courtesy pushbutton lamps, and glovebox lamp. Everything else seems to work fine as far as I can tell. I have been looking through my haynes manual and I think either the DRL relay in the fuse relay box is bad, the one wire that is black with "150" marked next to it in the diagram has disconnected, yes I was in the wire splines for previous reasons long ago, or maybe a fuse I heard of behind the glovebox went bad. Any ideas?
I'm really perplexed on this one. I got angry because 5 minutes after I replaced the abs module, the light went back on, but I HAVE to go to a dealer for that one, which really sucks, I don't have the equipment to reprogram the minicomputer.

Jason

Old 05-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that all of these components are powered by the inadvertent power relay located in the body relay block.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Dusk4Ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
I believe that all of these components are powered by the inadvertent power relay located in the body relay block.
Yes sir, that was number 1 on my list of theories on what went wrong. I am hesitant because I just replaced a number of the big relays included the one for DRL and they get costly and my wife nags me consistently. But now I have the confidence to override her and purchase the relay anyway. Thank you for your help. Hopefully everything will be gravy. I will post a yea or nay.