2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

ohio newbie- need some assistance please- I am reading old posts promise:)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Starting Member
zombieblazer is on a distinguished road
Talking ohio newbie- need some assistance please- I am reading old posts promise:)

Hi gang just purchased a 1995 4x4 V6 w-code 4 door blazer. Heres the deal body is actually great two small rust spots on passenger side rocker- no whoop. Air does not work-no whoop bought to make a winter runner for fun in the snow-heat works . radio works interior spotless. 4X4 - WORKS-NICE. Now heres the deal the dreaded p300 code multple misfire in past. she putters and stutters till you give her the gas and then she cleans out and hauls! I am seeing so many different places to go I just wonder if any one can dirrect me a little bit. I really am trying to bring it back on a budget it has 157,000 miles on it but shifts through the gears great and a nice body I know if I can figure out the motor issue and ABS light this truck will be great- Please help if you can I really do appreciate it. If in any way I may be of assistance please let me know I am a Chevrolet car salesman but all my Tech's in the back want to do is buy it from me not give free advice LOL

Old 07-08-2010, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Welcome!!

Old 07-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Beginning Member
tkebillybob is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be the fuel pump causing it to stutter. Or just plugs and wires. I will bet money that the ABS light is because the cable has disconnected or broken. It runs from the wheel bearing to he frame rail. You might have to take the front rotors off to find it.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:45 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to '2nd Gen Tech'. The 'New Member' area is not for asking technical questions, just for intoducing yourself and your ride.*

Old 07-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Beginning Member
jeffh9020 is on a distinguished road

Any serious repair attempt is a steady removal of possible variables.
Considering that the vehicle will not run properly without having it's basic ignition components in good condition, why not use your influence to have the distributer cap, rotor, wires, and spark plugs replaced by one of your fellow travelers there at the dealership. Also, the air and fuel filters. This will provide reasonable assurance that none of those components are contributing to or causing the problem. Another plus will be the knowledge that once the problem is solved, they won't be holding you back.
Also consider having the transmission fluid and filter changed. It's posssible that it's never been done, and though this has nothing to do with the problems you describe, it'll add to peace of mind. (I had the "joy" of seeing my transmission spread out across a 12' long shop table 2 years ago. Glad I had the extended warranty . . .)
After all that, if the problem is still there, it'll be time to start on more of those variables . . .