2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

P0442 and P0452 dtc codes

Old 03-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Beginning Member
achaps81 is on a distinguished road
Default P0442 and P0452 dtc codes

Ive got a 2 door 2001 blazer 4wd, im getting these 2 codes, the p0452 if im not mistaken is a fuel tank pressure sensor, yes? If thats the case, where is that located at? Ive had the fuel pump and sending unit replaced with a new one, as far as the P0442, i know its not the gas cap, that tested ok, im going to check the evap canister, other than that, i dont know where else to look, any help would be appreciated, as i need to get an emission test done and they hook up to the obd2 now instead of the tail pipe. The scan said odb not ready, but i used a scan tool to erase the code, thats probably why that failed, because i drove it like 5 miles to the testing place after it was done.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:07 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read through the info on these codes in the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) section?

Old 03-17-2011, 03:54 AM
Beginning Member

yes, my first check was the evap can, i smelled a lil bit of gas there, but nothing overpowering, im gonna change the tank pressure sensor, its a cheap part anyhow, then ill wait a few days for a rescan. ive got 152k on it, im sure that could be bad.

Last edited by achaps81; 03-17-2011 at 03:55 AM. Reason: new info
Old 03-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Starting Member
billbobagns is on a distinguished road

tighten the fuel cap and reset the code. That's the most common false code ever. loose fuel cap!

The sensor is pushed thru a rubber fitting in the top of the fuel tank on most blazer models. Looks like a MAPS sensor. Also, there is a canister in the left rear quarter and a "test fitting" on top of the motor with a light blue cap. You might check pressure there.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Beginning Member

well it was the filler neck that is leaking, any way to fix this cheap? its just a rubber hose formed and they want 200 for it, i can replace it myself, just wondering if theres a way around buying the exact part and getting something close to fit it?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Starting Member
billbobagns is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by achaps81
well it was the filler neck that is leaking, any way to fix this cheap?
Salvage Yard. But, HOW did it fail? Puncture? Rub-Thru? Or did the guy who put a fuel pump on, mess it up?

I'd like to know cause I've never hears of one failing.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Beginning Member

theres a hole in it, idk how it got there, the guy that did the fuel pump was me, so no i didnt mess it up, just didnt notice any hole in there when i saw it.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Beginning Member

ok further update, there is a small seam where the metal mates to the rubber that is where my leak is, no fuel gets thru there, can i just use black rtv there since its gas and oil resistant?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Is the seam in the rubber or the metal?

If in the metal, I would remove it and either have it welded up, or seal it up with one of the gas tank repair kits comprised of resin and fiberglass. Working on it while it's off is preferred so that you make sure to get the whole area clean and then resealed.

If it is in the rubber portion, then you may be able to get by with RTV, but you really need to get the area clean first.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Beginning Member

yea, im gonna hit it with parts cleaner, get that done tomorrow, my backs been messed up so i havent been able.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0442 and P0452 dtc codes