2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

A/C wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:29 PM
jetmech53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A/C wiring diagram

Does anyone have or know where I can get a wiring diagram for the A/C system. I have checked clutch, L/P switch, relay and fuses, and all work/are good. The system w/not turn on (clutch engage), the freon service is good. Thanks.[:@]

Old 04-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: A/C wiring diagram

Year? Do you have auto climate control?

Old 04-04-2008, 10:02 PM
Beginning Member
silvers10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having a similar issue, ever since I swapped my engine my a/c clutch will not engage, I added freon, got a new a/c compressor and freon tank (whatever that is called) and it still will not work, I found out that the harness that connects to the a/c clutch is not getting power, I replaced the relay and still nothing so at this point I have no clue!

Old 04-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Lets work on one problem at a time here in this thread.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:14 PM
catruck is an unknown quantity at this point

did you check for juice at thewire that plugs into the compressor i had the same problem and it was at the connection point

Old 04-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Beginning Member

no I havnt yet, I need to get together with my brother, he's my tool go to guy... but like any mechanic he's always really busy!

Old 04-06-2008, 12:03 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I have no idea what year or A/C system we're looking at or which members' vehicle!

Old 04-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Beginning Member

Im sorry, I was refering to my 1995 S10 blazer LS

Old 04-06-2008, 12:14 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: silvers10

I was refering to my 1995 S10 blazer LS
I don't have info for the '95 but a common failure is the low pressure cycling switch or low pressure caused by a refrigerant leak.
The switch should be located near the accumulater/drier (silver can). Unplug the switch and jumper the 2 terminals of the plug with the A/C turned on and see if the compressor clutch engages. If it does then it's either low on refrigerant or you have a faulty switch.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Beginning Member

well I do know that the plastic around that switch is broken and the plug is kinda bent up, I replaced the accumilator and a/c compressor 2 weeks ago and put freon and oil in it, I know for sure that the a/c clutch is getting zero power to it, and I put a new relay on it and still nothing, the clutch doesnt even engage when I put it on defrost and it used to.

Quick Reply: A/C wiring diagram