Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2010, 07:31 AM

Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PO440 code Purge Solenoid/Vent Solenoid

My daughter has had this issue for a year now.
She has a PO440 CODE, Minor leak.
Teh gas cap has been replaced, The Vent Solenoid (The one on the rear Crossmember) has been disassembled and cleaned. with Voltage added, it holds as I try and blow through it.
Looking at an issue I have with a Vacuum line attached to the Purge Solenoid ( On intake manifold, passenger side, rear)

Is there a rubber 'o' ring in the hose that attaches to the Purge solenoid that keeps it from leaking when the hose is snapped in? My little plastic snap ring on the hose is broken, will that cause this Code?
BTW NAPA only shows a Vent solenoid for my '99 but they call it the Purge solenoid.

Other vehicles in the stable:
1975 Jeep CJ5 Bought in 1980 Chevy powered fiberglass body I did the work
1985 Chevy Stepside Pickup// Original owner 298K miles
1989 Volvo 244 //Original owner 305K miles
1991 Ford Explorer Bought for $450 w/182K miles it now has 336K miles on it.
http://home.lyse.net/brox/TonyPage4.html
Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

There is a seal in the line and having a bad clip won't help, but are you leaking at that point? If you have replaced the usual components and still not cured the condition, you may want to consider having it properly diagnosed. This involves a smoke machine pushing fake smoke into the system and looking for said smoke coming out of various different places in the EVAP system. At this point, any line, fitting, etc could be the culprit.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:04 AM

TAZ454 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default same o

I had the fuel pump replaced drove for about 80 miles , the ses light came on, same code.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ454 View Post
I had the fuel pump replaced drove for about 80 miles , the ses light came on, same code.
If that is the case, they likely broke a fitting on the tank. The front fitting on the tank can break quite readily. This has been covered in other threads with pictures and part numbers. If you can't find them via the search function or need further information, you may want to consider creating your own thread.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:09 AM

Tags
96, 99, blazer, blow, cap, chevy, cost, gas, jump, location, purge, solenoid, solenoidblazer, switch, vent