2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

check engine light code

Old 06-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Beginning Member
wtony is on a distinguished road
Default check engine light code

Hello all -

Check engine light was on , i had a guy replace the fuel cap and oil change , then he told me the code went off and I could now buy the blazer - I did .

5 days later , Check engine light bakc on , and took it to auto zone ,
cant pull the code, no power to the PORT for check engine ...
can someone tell me where or what powers that port so I cna get the code pulled ?

thanks !!
Wtony !

Old 06-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Should be the CIG fuse. A little vehicle information would help...

Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Beginning Member

SORRY , 99 BLAZER 4WD - 4.3 WHERES THAT FUSE located ?

Old 06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Should be in the fuse relay center under the hood... I cannot remember if there still is an auxiliary fuse box off the driver side end of the dash behind the little access panel in 99. I do not believe so though. If you cannot located it in the underhood fuse/relay center, then check on the driver side end of the dash.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Beginning Member

THERE A FUSE BOX AT THE end of dash on drivers side , yes . what am i looking for ? do you know which fuse it is ?

Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Administrator

The one labeled CIG on the diagram inside the cover.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Beginning Member

makes sense .. thanks i will get back with you on this after I check today.

that fuse powers the port for the computer checker right

I see two fuses missing -
1. Cigartette lighter fuse
2. Ampf fuse

nothing named cIG .. under the hood relay panel has no fuses for a CIG ? what does CIG stand for?

Do you think its the ampf ?

Old 06-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Administrator

CIG == Cigarette Lighter. Typically labeled CIG on most labels. Odd that it would be missing. I would go through and check all of the cigarette lighter sockets first to make sure that something is not logged into one of them. Then replace the fuse. The label should list the stock amperage rating of the fuse.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Beginning Member

That was it , it got the code now - and I kinda wish I never found this out , im hoping its just needing an OEM gas cap , otherwise it the fuel canister EVAP garbage , huge HUGE PAIN !!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Not really so much a pain. If the cap does not solve the problem, the next most likely culprit is the vent solenoid. But it would help to know the specific Pxxxx code you are getting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: check engine light code