2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Power window stuck

Old 03-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Beginning Member
TBone007 is on a distinguished road
Default Power window stuck

I have a 2002 Blazer with power windows. The driver side window got stuck one day last spring and it stayed like that for a couple days but then started working again all of a sudden. Months later it got stuck again and hasn't worked since. When I hit the down button (its stuck all the way up) I hear a clicking noise if I hold the button down for a few seconds. Also, sometimes my window would make a clunking noise at the very top of its travel going up like it may be slightly off track. I tried pushing it in and out while pushing down on the switch but have had no luck. Any ideas what might have gone bad? I dont want to go through another summer without being able to put my window down.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

your window motor is dead probably. see if you get power to the motor. take a testlight and take the white clip wiring harness of the motor. stick the test lead in and push your window switch. see if you get power. if you do probably window motor

mine went out in my truck last summer. they are not to bad to replace.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Beginning Member
1998ZR2 is on a distinguished road

you should just take the door panel off and take a look. mine had some similar symptoms and it finally quit working. the rivets failed and the regulator was just hanging there, the window would go down but not up.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Beginning Member

How do you take the door panel off? I've never looked before but is it fairly easy?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Banned

1 phillips screw on the plastic plate that covers the door handle.

and a bunch of plastic trim clips that hold the panel to the door

Old 03-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

One?? There are three screws total. One at the door latch handle and two under the little plastic cover in the grab handle.

A door trim panel removal tool will help to keep from breaking things while disengaging the retainers that hold the perimeter of the door panel in.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by swartlkk
One?? There are three screws total. One at the door latch handle and two under the little plastic cover in the grab handle.

A door trim panel removal tool will help to keep from breaking things while disengaging the retainers that hold the perimeter of the door panel in.

forgot about those two other ones, alot of the ones i've seen are broken, probably from people forgetting them

Old 03-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Beginning Member
acavill is on a distinguished road

When you do take the door panel off, try tapping on the motor with a dead blow or something like that while holding the window down button. It's probably just the brushes sticking if you can still hear clicking, in which case you should still replace the motor, but at least you'll know that's exactly what it is.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

You might check the clips (don't know for a fact if you have them on an '02 but I can't imagine them changing the design that much) that actually guide the window up and down in the track. They are little plastic pieces that wrap around the window and snap together. There should be two. One on the front towards the bottom and one at the rear towards the top. If they break they can make your window get cocked over to where it won't work. I would definately take the panel off because whatever is wrong is going to take at least that to fix. The clips are about $5.00 for a pair. Shop around on the web if you need a motor though. I ended up paying like $23.00 each for mine new. Also look at your regulator roller. You can buy just the roller or they make a slock kit that you drill out the rivet and put a threaded stud with a new roller on it. Dorman makes it. I'm not sure if it's for an '02 but then again they've been the same design for years.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk

Any idea where they sell those tools at? I busted a bunch of those clips on my last car trying to remove some panels. Thats why I was hesitant towards doing it again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power window stuck