Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2012, 04:09 PM

changeme20 is on a distinguished road
Default Program key fob entry key europe model - help!

hi

i have a blazer 99 europe model, i have searched through past posts on re programing the entry fob, but to no luck as it still does not work.

so i have the 5 digit code, as i use this code to start the blazer at the min by the series of key turning and programming the 5 digit code via the fog switch, does this mean the passlock 2 system is ok?

my questions is when do i program the entry fob in this system and how, as nothing seems to work, this is what i do

replacement fob has the same gm number on the back as old one which stopped working one day, number is GM/UTA 15732810

can someone tell me where in the sequence when i program the fob

1. key in ignition
2. press and hold door power button
3. on, off, on, off with ignition key
4. release power door button
5. security light comes on
6. enter via fog switch first number of 5 digit code
repeat until all 5 digits are inputed
7. blazer locks and un locks doors
8. I can now start the blazer and run it normally

but im not sure when i program the fobs, does the engine need to be running?

I dont have an owners manual so no luck there

Also do i need to hold the lock and un lock buttons down together to program the entry fob?

or is the passlock2 faulty

any thoughts on this would be much appreciated

many thanks

Marcus
Old 05-11-2012, 06:22 PM
1999 Dodge Ram 2500
My Garage

4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure about a 99 from Europe, but my 98 I just finished programming two remotes for it.
get in car close the door
hold UNLOCK button on drivers door down.
turn on & off the ignition key twice not starting it.
release unlock button & lock should unlock & lock after you release the button.
then the car is in program mode.
then press the unlock/lock buttons at the same time on your remotes up to 30 sec until the car locks unlock themselves. Then do the same for other remotes
Hope this helps & works for you. Please let us know.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:05 PM
1999 Chevrolet Blazer

redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi 4x4blazerguy
I have checked into this on numerous occasions, new remotes on European models can only be programed via a special scanner. I have only one working remote, if that dies I am in trouble as that seems to be the only way to deactivate the security system, to start the engine. Have another spare so if you find anyone who can program it please let me know. Where did you manage to get the five digit security code from as a matter of interest.
Adrian

Last edited by redcruiser; 05-22-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 AM

j.b-5742 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Hi 4x4blazerguy
I have checked into this on numerous occasions, new remotes on European models can only be programed via a special scanner. I have only one working remote, if that dies I am in trouble as that seems to be the only way to deactivate the security system, to start the engine. Have another spare so if you find anyone who can program it please let me know. Where did you manage to get the five digit security code from as a matter of interest.
Adrian
Yeh where did you get your 5 digit code from.

Hi Men, Jim from Edinburgh here.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 AM

Tags
1998, blazer, blazerforum, blazerfroum, car, chevy, europe, fey, fob, key, keyless, model, program, programme, s10