2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Proper Pivots -HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Starting Member
Marcin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proper Pivots -HELP

Hi All

I try to buy proper pivots for my European lamps and brackets. Now second time they have sent me wrong pivots. My brackets GM part numbers are 16525521 and 16525522.

Regards, Marcin

Old 06-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Proper Pivots -HELP

Could you explain what exactly you are looking for??? What are power pivots??

Old 06-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Starting Member

I am lokking for pivots (not adjusters h/v) to connect my headlights with brackets. But I have not usual brackets and lamps - I bought European lamps (export Europe T84). I would like to install these lamps in my car (generaly I have to do it because of EU law regulation) and I have headlights, brackets (different than US brackets) and adjusters. I can not find pivots.

Marcin

Old 06-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck man... Don't think anyone in the states is going to be able to help you with that one... Have you tried a local GM dealership? If the ball pivots on the lights are not the same as the US spec lights, then you'll be in for a fun time finding them for sure.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Starting Member

There is no loca US Chevy dealer in Poland. Lamps, brackets and adjusters I have from US Chevy dealer (from California) so I am sure if somebody has good service maual can help me to find proper pivots

Marcin

Old 06-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Administrator

I have access to the factory service manuals and they say NOTHING about EURO spec lights... Don't even hint to their availability.

If the dealership in California cannot seem to find the appropriate pivots... Well, they're probably working from the same information as any other dealership. US dealerships probably aren't going to be much help is all I'm saying. You are trying to get stuff that they don't deal with. Also most of these things are not sold separately most of the time, but rather as an assembly... But then again, the EU probably requires that all parts be available separately...

Old 06-14-2007, 08:35 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kyle he maybe looking for parts to the "Export Version" of the blazer...the GM Service DVD makes mention of them but, My DvD quit working with all the latest "security updates" and MS Genuine Advantage software program...my copy of MS Office was obtained from a friend for free so it is not a "legal" copy and after that some software stopped working....

I also remember that he might be able to deal with someone with access to the Brazilian market....

Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Starting Member

Hi

So now I know everything. European lights are equipped only with motor pivots. So if I have to use it without motor pivots (I even have no circuit to connect it) I have do some changes myself and adapt brackets to work with pivots I have.

Marcin