2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

radiator crack?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:11 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default radiator crack?

I popped my hood this morning to actually check out the thing I found somewhere else on here on how to take out the headlights and I smelled antifreeze. I looked around and saw steam coming out from the right side of the radiator and antifreeze all over the place. I actually think that is why the front washers keep blowing the fuse. Hot antifreeze must've gotten somewhere. I think my radiator is cracked towards the top. Is it?
photobucket

Old 12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: radiator crack?

That pic is so big and close that I can't identify what I'm looking at.
If you see what you think is a crack in the rad, you sould be able to see some stains where it has been leaking.
If the engine is up to running temp and the pressure is up in the cooling system, you should be able to see where the coolant is leaking from.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely doesn't look good... Remove the radiator shroud and push back on the radiator to get a better view.

Rob, that is the top of the driver's side radiator tank with the inlet to the radiator in the top right hand side of the pic. The front of the truck is to the bottom of the picture. The plastic radiator shroud is on the left in the picture.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Yeah, that's where it is. I will try to check it out tomorrow if it's not too cold out. I was talking with a friend of mine who used to be a mechanic and he has changed a radiator before and said he would help me if I get a radiator. I checked ebay and I can get a new one for 108 bucks plus 10 for shipping. For now, I am going to JB Weld it since the crack is small until I can get some cash after the xmas overtime checks start rolling in.