Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2010, 02:56 PM

Looee is on a distinguished road
Default Radiator flush 97 blazer

I need to flush the radiator on my 97 blazer. I'm guessing there should be 1 or 2 plugs that need to be removed to drain the fluid but I can't see where they are. There is a metal plate right below the radiator that has the door to get to the oil filter. Do I need to remove that plate to get to the radiator drain plugs?
Old 12-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

The drain plug on the radiator is located just below the lower radiator hose on the passenger side of the radiator. It is a pain to get to and many people just pop off the lower hose.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 PM

terry s is on a distinguished road

If you wish to do a complete job and flush/drain the block there is a drain plug on both sides of the engine just above where the oil pan meets the block. They are usually pretty tight so a 6-point socket is a must. If you have 4wd the one on the driver's side is next to impossible to get to.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
97, 98, blazer, chevy, coolant, drain, engine, flush, flushing, hose, location, lower, plug, radiator, radiators