2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Im doin the seafoam!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:38 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Im doin the seafoam!

Ok well tommorrow I plan on going to VIP and picking up some seafoam and new AC Delco plugs, I havnt decided which ones yet but I need to know where to pour this into. I just read a post where a guy poured it into the PCV valve but had bad results. Should I do this too, and if so where is this PCV Valve?

Old 12-18-2006, 09:47 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Im doin the seafoam!

let is be SUCKED from the can thru your brake booster hose, I didnt have good results using the PCV valve. Just hold the can upright, and put the hose in the can just above the liquid level so It can suck it up. Let it keep sucking it down till it stalls on its own, pour the rest in the fuel tank and let it sit for 5-15 minutes then start it back up, make sure you are outside, preferably away from people, there is a TON of smoke. I used an industrial park on a sunday morning..

Dont force the hose into the liquid it will stall and you gotta start over, It helps to hold the hose and can in the same hand, little air will be sucked in if you use your hand as a gasket.

Hope it helps, I use the stuff religiously.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:53 PM

I am still kind of confused on how I should hold the tube in the can and how it should be fitted in the can. You make it sound like it has to be just perfect for it to be right so could you explain this a little better? So the tube has to be right above the liquid, but how does it suck the liquid up then?

Old 12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: nofear17bmx

I am still kind of confused on how I should hold the tube in the can and how it should be fitted in the can. You make it sound like it has to be just perfect for it to be right so could you explain this a little better? So the tube has to be right above the liquid, but how does it suck the liquid up then?
the engine vacuum will suck up the liquid, just make a circle with your thumb and tirgger finger, while holding the hose wrap your other digits around the hose AND top of can (sorta creates a gasket) and let the engine vacuum suck the liquid up, You have to hold it ABOVE the liquid line in order to not stall out the motor.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:07 PM

Ok so I take the hose, put it in the can and hold it above somthing...when you say liquid level I think of the liquid inside of the can. Where is this vacum line?

Old 12-18-2006, 11:14 PM
swearingsailor6 is an unknown quantity at this point

so what exactly whill this do?? is it to clean out the intake manifold?? I guess that I just kind of stumbled onto this conversation...lol I will go and read up on it.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe if you disconnect the MAF electrical connector and remove the intake duct work, you can pour it right down the TB. Just have your hand on the butterfly valve to keep the engine running and you should be set.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:18 AM

Ok well I am lost, I thought this would help. But I am told half of the info I need and the other half is a mystery. I strongly suggest that someone who has done this a number of times right up a how to on this since I know a couple dozen people including my self dont know how. I want to do this tommorow night but if I cannot figure out how...I wont be doing it. Is sucking it through the brake booster hose a good way of doing it? I am not sure what he brake booster hose is but it doesnt sound like this would be the way of injecting seafoam into my engine.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:01 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: nofear17bmx

Ok well I am lost, I thought this would help. But I am told half of the info I need and the other half is a mystery. I strongly suggest that someone who has done this a number of times right up a how to on this since I know a couple dozen people including my self dont know how. I want to do this tommorow night but if I cannot figure out how...I wont be doing it. Is sucking it through the brake booster hose a good way of doing it? I am not sure what he brake booster hose is but it doesnt sound like this would be the way of injecting seafoam into my engine.
The brake booster hose is the black hose that is connected to the big silver thing connected to your brakes in the engine compartment...there is a plastic 90* connector at the end of the hose, remove the hose from this plastic connector. The other end is connected to the upper manifold plenum and draws the most vacuum.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

open up your hood. stand at the drivers side tireput your right hand straight forward about 1 foot. there you will find the master cylinder for the brakes. right behind that is the brake booster (very large round thing, bout a foot in diameter. there is a line coming off the brake booster that is black rubber. kind of pointing towards rear-view mirror. With the motor running, pull that hose off and point it down. put can of seafoam up to the hose and try to get a good seal between line and the can of seafoam. turn to a 90 degree angle, letting the vacuum fromt he brake line suck the seafoam in. Dont actually pour the seafoam into the line. Let the truck stall. pour the remaining seafoam into the fuel tank. let the truck sit for 10 min or so. Start the truck and watch the smoke show.

Quick Reply: Im doin the seafoam!