Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2006, 10:04 PM

jdblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default random misfire please help!!!

my 2002 chevy blazer has 73000 miles on it when i go to start it when cold or hot it takes about 6 seconds or sometimes two trys to start then has a very small miss in it only when idleing or giving very little gas.the service engine lightis on and computerreads random misfire. i have gave it a full tune up plus replaced the fuel filter ignition coil andcolent temp sensor also had the fuel pressure regulator checked psi is 70 im low on moneyto keep buying new stuff.i have heard it might be the throttle pressure sensor but i dunnothanks ahead of time.oh i also bought it like this thinking it would be a easy fix so any ideas are very appreciated.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:13 AM

20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: random misfire please help!!!

Dirty MAF sensor, carboned up EGR or IAC. Might be a dirty poppet valve sticking....try running Seafoam through tank, it might unstick the poppet valve, depending on the amount of carbon...

These items can be checked and fixed with a minimum of money...seafoam= $8-10. EGR cleaning cost of gasket, same for IAC cost of TB gasket if the old gasket becomes damaged...

2000 Blazer LS 4dr 4.3L Auto
1999 Grand Am 3.4L 4dr SE2 - Traded
2000 Honda Odyssey 3.5L 5dr Mini-Van
Old 12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
BF Veteran

Chevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: random misfire please help!!!

Could you post the code# for your missfire?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time

The '74 Blazer convertible, new exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/user/hdharley.../9/BZySHHznFTs
Old 12-20-2006, 12:58 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
1999, 2000, 2002, 43l, blazer, chevy, complete, fire, grand, honda, misfire, miss, odyssey, random, tuneup