2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Rear Window Washer Fluid Problems

Old 12-28-2007, 05:09 PM
riceh8r0512 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rear Window Washer Fluid Problems

I've been having this VERY annoying ptoblem with this Blazer since I got it. When I got to use the washer fluid on the rear window, I can hear the pump actuating, but no fluid coming out (yes there is fluid, I fill it regularly). I've been told that the line is probably clogged. If this is the case, is it a real pain to change this, could it be something else, or should I just live without it?

Thanks.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:39 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Rear Window Washer Fluid Problems

You could disconnect the hose from the washer pump and try to blow some compressed air through it with an air nozzle.

While you have the hose off, just check that the pump is pumping and not just making a noise.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

You could disconnect the hose from the washer pump and try to blow some compressed air through it with an air nozzle.

While you have the hose off, just check that the pump is pumping and not just making a noise.
Ok, I'll have to give that a try, I'm going to be heading out of town soon, so I will try it when I get back. I'll post my results then. Thanks[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 12-29-2007, 08:43 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

also ya may have to get a very small pin like a sewing pin and poke it around inside the sqiurter... dont blow it to hard with the air too much air can blow the thing apart..

Old 12-30-2007, 11:22 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah or you could just live without it. I know its nice and all, but my rear wiper motor is toast and its that lovely winter time where snow accumulates on the back and even worse is the salt/water road spray. I miss having a good rear wiper cause the back window get dirty real quick in the winter.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:23 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Depending on how often you've tried it...

If the washer fluid gets below a certain point, it will NOT spray the rear window, while still spraying the windshield...

That's how I know it's time to fill soon, lol.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

Yeah or you could just live without it. I know its nice and all, but my rear wiper motor is toast and its that lovely winter time where snow accumulates on the back and even worse is the salt/water road spray. I miss having a good rear wiper cause the back window get dirty real quick in the winter.
That's my main problem right now is with the snow and the salt/water spray, and to use the wiper without and washer fluid just makes it worse. I've ben dealing with it, I was just hoping for some ideas as to how to go about solving it. If it comes down to where the hose needs replced, then I won't be doing it.

ORIGINAL: 2002XTREME

also ya may have to get a very small pin like a sewing pin and poke it around inside the sqiurter... dont blow it to hard with the air too much air can blow the thing apart..
That's a good idea, I haven't thought of sticking a pin in it. And thanks for th heads up on the air, that's my luck, I would blow air into it and the thing would blow apart, lol.

ORIGINAL: drperry

Depending on how often you've tried it...

If the washer fluid gets below a certain point, it will NOT spray the rear window, while still spraying the windshield...

That's how I know it's time to fill soon, lol.
That was my first thought was that I was low on fluid, so I filled and still no dice.

I'm currently out of town, and without my blazer (my sister's cavalier gets way better gas mileage for the driving I'm doing, lol) and won't be back in town till late thursday, but I plan on doing a lot of maintence when I get back that weekend, and this is one of the things on my list. Thanks to everyone that responded.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:37 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

U veddy veclome.... Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!