2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

rear window washer tube leaking on 2000 blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:46 AM
2000blazerdriver is on a distinguished road
Default rear window washer tube leaking on 2000 blazer?

I'm a newbie so bare with me if I am asking advice on something that has already been addressed. I have a leak in the rear window washer tubing that is draining the washer container. I have temporarily plugged the the line at the reservoir. I don't know how to get to the hose to fix it. Tips and advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Old 11-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moved to 2nd Gen Tech* - Please read the descriptions of the forum sections on the home page and choose the section that seems most appropriate for the topic you intend to post about. Also, the search tool can be a great resource for finding what others have come across in the past.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
*Moved to 2nd Gen Tech* - Please read the descriptions of the forum sections on the home page and choose the section that seems most appropriate for the topic you intend to post about. Also, the search tool can be a great resource for finding what others have come across in the past.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Karcinagin is an unknown quantity at this point

Had exact same problem, there is a tube under the carpet with a connection in the rear cargo area the disconnects. Easy to fix, just allot of time because have to remove allot of the plastic molding on the inside. Then reconnect the tube, and prop the carpet up with a board to dry to about a day. Just take your time with the molding so you don't crack any and should go fairly easy.
the tube is right about in the middle of the bottom of the sub.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Karcinagin
Had exact same problem, there is a tube under the carpet with a connection in the rear cargo area the disconnects. Easy to fix, just allot of time because have to remove allot of the plastic molding on the inside. Then reconnect the tube, and prop the carpet up with a board to dry to about a day. Just take your time with the molding so you don't crack any and should go fairly easy.
the tube is right about in the middle of the bottom of the sub.

Right on. Thanks. Fixed it. Now to get that carpet pad dried out.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 AM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

I had the same problem when I bought mine and after fixing it under the carpet it came loose in the tailgate

Old 11-03-2011, 03:10 PM
redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine came loose in the engine compartment somewhere near the firewall, never have had it fixed, not sure if the pipe goes into the car or under. Mine was a frozen pipe the first winter I had the Blazer

Old 11-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

yep - one of the many problems I had with my '00 Jimmy. That one had the tube disconnect from the rubber connector under the rear cargo floor. Then I worked on someone's "01 Blazer which had the same line disconnected in the hatch. What a crap design this is.

After you get it back together, crank on small zip ties on all the rubber junctions so it doesn't happen again ... because I can guarantee you it will.