2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Rear Wiper does not work on 2000 Blazer

Old 02-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rear Wiper does not work on 2000 Blazer

I have a 2000 chevy blazer and the rear wiper does not work. What could cause the rear wiper to stop working? Could it be a blown fuse or motor? The washer fluid still squirts, but the wiper does not move at all. If its the fuse which one should I replace? thanks.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 PM
kinter614 is on a distinguished road

mine was the motor itself but thought a couple free pick in pull wiper motors i got one that worked :P

Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Does the motor make noise when you have it turned on?

Have a read through this thread:
Rear wiper doesn't work - need help
Found using "rear+wiper+inop" as a search term.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point

No sound at all. I just push the switch into the on position and nothing. Not sure what to do...Humm

I tested it again just to make sure. When I switch it on, It makes a click sound, just once repeatedly when turning on then off, and so forth. Any ideas??

could it be the fuse??

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-27-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A click means that the motor is likely getting power, just isn't turning.

Did you read anything in the thread I linked to? It runs through the procedure quite well. If you have specific questions about a step, please ask them.

And please edit your post if you have new information to add and another member has not yet responded.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:38 PM
stlunatics2oo3 is on a distinguished road

not to thread hijack but mine dont work but I get sound from it but when I took the rear wiper off the threads looked good but didnt move but i did get a clicking noise so my motor works any ideas?

Old 02-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Sounds like something isn't quite right inside the motor assembly itself. I would remove the motor from the tailgate, but leave it plugged in and see if it still moves. If it doesn't, then the motor assembly likely is at fault and needs to be replaced.

The thread I linked to above shows all of the steps for determining what is at fault.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:53 AM
stlunatics2oo3 is on a distinguished road

the link you provided didnt say anything about clicking if I recall I did look at it late at night

Old 02-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Starting Member
89 Blazer Lebanon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Sounds like something isn't quite right inside the motor assembly itself. I would remove the motor from the tailgate, but leave it plugged in and see if it still moves. If it doesn't, then the motor assembly likely is at fault and needs to be replaced.
Try to help it by hand before you remove it. Get someone push the switch for you and try to move the wiper by hand a bit. If still not moving, then remove it, unplug it, try to spray some (not too much) WD40 inside it, wait for an hour or so, then make sure the plug (contacts) is clean (motor and cable's), plug it and try again. Get someone push the switch, try to help it by hand (or plier as it will be still removed). If still not working, then change it.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Clicking is still inoperative. It just means that you are getting power, but the motor isn't moving. You can test the power going to the motor for true +12V and that the motor is grounded properly, but barring any problems with the power/ground, the motor really is the last link. Lubricating things might help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Wiper does not work on 2000 Blazer