2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Recharge 95 Blazer A/C

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road

ok, so picked up a kit from CanadianTire. Was able to pin point the A/C to connect to by using this diagram:

I got a kick out of the gauge, I guess your a "Retard" if you go too high?

I have done as the kit says, once it reached 30-38psi I started truck and turned A/C system to high. How long does it take to cool. Had truck run for 5 mins and still spitting out warm air. Could not hear/feel any leaks.

Maybe someone can let me know if I did this right. In the image below I connected the hose from the gauge/can to section #1. With section #2 I took off but nothing would connect so left off. Was not sure if it should have been on or not.

Last edited by carterx; 05-16-2009 at 02:36 AM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 05-15-2009, 06:42 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

The truck has to be running with the a/c turned on high. You then connect the freon the the low/suction side on the accumlator. No. 1 the aboove picture. The fittings are made so you can only connect to the low side. If you hook a hose to the other fitting be very careful as this is the high side of the system and can easily have 300+ lbs of pressure on it. Add freon till the pressure is in the 30-35 psi range. Make sure not to overcharge the unit as this will shorten the life of the compressor and will give poor performance.

Last edited by 96Blazernut; 05-15-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Starting Member

When I connected with the truck on I brought the pressure on the gauge up to 35 then closed off the can. I then disconnected the gauge and left truck running and feels the same. I went back and the pressure is still the same so I don't think it's leaking. If I place my hand on the silver container with the truck on, should I feel it vibrating/running.

I guess my next question would be, how would I know if my A/C system is just shot and needs to be replaced.

Tks,

Old 05-15-2009, 08:31 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the bet ways to check is to watch the compressor and make sure it cycles, also put your hand on the large accumalator where you put the freon in at. It should be cold. If its not then start looking at the compressor as it may not be pumping properly.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Starting Member

I was just reading this page:
http://www.aa1car.com/library/ac_recharging.htm

and it talks about LOW pressure gauge & HIGH pressure gauge. I believe I have only added using the LOW connector as seen in the image above #1 which I made sure did not go past 38psi. Should I be then connecting to the HIGH connector as it describes in that article. I know this article may not be for a Blazer but so far that is the best detailed description I have found online for doing an AC recharge.

When I connected to #1 in the image above it was up to 38psi very quick without me using much of the first tank so seems like I did not put much into the system. So is their a high that I should be connecting to?

Old 05-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Beginning Member
brcidd is an unknown quantity at this point

the gage ONLY neans something if the compressor is running-- is the front of the compressor turning???

Old 05-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by brcidd
the gage ONLY neans something if the compressor is running-- is the front of the compressor turning???
I'm pretty sure it was running. When I went out just a little while ago, did the same step and it's still around 38psi.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:34 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

Was your system acutally empty when you started those type of cans you have equal a 16 r134a can so if it wasnt completly empty than it wouldnt take more than a can. I see you have a diagram for the Otube location did you change it and if so did you put it back in correctly?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Starting Member

All the diagram did was show me what the AC canister looked like then was able to realize where it was at.

I think the system was not empty so that's why it only part of a can but still not working.

I really don't want to take it to a shop but I guess if I have to then I have too but money I really don't wana spend.

I'm also lost with the use of the gauge. It only wants me to fill to 38psi yet the gauge goes up to 350psi?

Old 05-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Starting Member

Ok, I found these videos here which gives a better idea of the process:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=expertvillage&view=videos&query=Recha rge+an+Auto+A%2FC

Now by watching this I'm just wondering, do I have to do anything with the High point at all?

Quick Reply: Recharge 95 Blazer A/C