2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

bought new headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 03:03 AM
streetfyter2 is on a distinguished road
Default bought new headlights

i just bought some of the chrome projector headlights for my 95 blazer. Dont know a whole lot about these lights, just got them brand new from a guy who totaled his blazer. got them for 10 bucks new in box. they come with a little blue bulb in them. What do i hook them up to? anywhere specific and please be as detailed as possible (wiring)

Old 04-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Really depends on what you have... Who makes the headlights? What do they look like (pics?)? What do these blue bulbs illuminate? Do you want them to be on all of the time? Only when the park lights are on? When?

Old 04-30-2009, 11:06 AM
streetfyter2 is on a distinguished road

well i dont know when they are even supposed to be on, i'm new to this little blue light. what's the norm for it. anyways, it hooks up with a simple power and ground and the headlights look like this. hard to see cuz i had to use my phone but the blue bulb is in the lower left corner under the projector.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Those look.....

Anyway, I would not have that blue light come on automatically with anything. I would run a separate switch in to the interior to turn it on. Depending on your area, a blue light up front may be illegal.