2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Manuals, Manuals, Manuals

Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 PM
trwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Manuals, Manuals, Manuals

'99 LT Auto climate control.

Okay, I'm going to tear into my dash to replace the air blender door actuator (motor). Since I've never been there before, who's manual gives the best description of the Dashboard tear-out and replacement? I'm fairly handy with the tools, but from everything I've read, this one will be a BIG PITA.

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Manuals, Manuals, Manuals

Defacto best you can get!
1999 S/T Truck/SUV Factory Service Manual - Used - eBay.com $100 delivered
1999 S/T Truck/SUV Factory Service Manual - New - eBay.com $129 delivered

Or you can get them straight from the source: HelmInc.com

You may also want to check out AllDataDIY.com.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:59 PM

Sorry, I should have been more specific... I'm doing this install tomorrow. So I have to be able to buy the manual locally (so It really comes down to Chilton or Haynes, right?). Any thoughts there...

Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If that is your only option, then good luck... I have never liked those manuals when it comes to detail. They cover way to many years to be 100% accurate. If I had to choose, it would be Haynes. In a quick search of my AllDataDIY account, I did not find a satisfactory explanation of how to remove the dash carrier, but it does say that it is required to get to the HVAC solenoid module.

Should have thought to ask this (or search on it) in advance so as to have the best information at your disposal when you were to attempt the repair... But hind sight is always 20/20 isn't it.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:14 PM

Well my shedule to install go moved up on me by two weeks... long story. I have searched various heater core replacements here and found some decent info, but I was hoping a manual might give me better step by step data.

Thanks for the advice... and encouragement?

Old 03-19-2008, 02:54 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

If it's just the mode door actuator it should be fairly easy.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/DF1AA9513AAF47C2B1EA72C5D6508BB5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-19-2008, 05:48 AM

Thanks for the advice and manual page Chevy Lover, unfortunately it is the electric Blender door actuator (motor) not the vent/direction diverter. It sits on top of the heater box way up under the dash. RocketQjQ tells me I should be able to do the replacement by braille without removing the dash. We'll see if I can pull-off that magic trick or not...

Old 03-19-2008, 05:23 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

It would be nice if you could post a pic of the replacement part, that might help.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/8C9FFFD98422407F9DA2C9BD33052B25.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/B59BFC63BAA2420E9A2856E6683217A7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-19-2008, 05:36 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know if that is on there but I know many autos are including blazers, Free online version of the repair manual. http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repairGuide.htm

Old 03-19-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Good call, I had looked, but didn't find it. You can go through the s10 pickup side of things. It'll atleast tell you how to remove the dash.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Manuals, Manuals, Manuals