Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2006, 07:19 PM

gstclair83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Security light wont shut off

I have a 2000 LT 4x4, loaded to the ****. Wouldn't trade if for the world. However, my "Security" light will not shut off after I have locked the doors. The manual says it should shut off after 30 seconds, but mine stays on for good. It shuts off after the key is in the ignition, but that's the only time. What can I do to fix this?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk
Default RE: Security light wont shut off

I just looked through all of my reference material and every single diagnostic on the security system runs through the Tech2 scanner which is big bucks, but all the dealerships have them. If you were close to me, I could scan your computer with my interface/laptop and see if there are any B or U codes that might point you in the right direction, but most scan tools can't read those codes.

Does the light drain down the battery in any way? Are you afraid that the security system isn't working?
Old 02-11-2006, 12:06 AM

gstclair83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not too concerned about the battery, but I am worried that my security system may be affected by this. One other question.....in cold weather, when I first start the truck, and put it into gear, it vibrates really bad. Is this just a cold weather thing, or should I be worried about it? Again, thanks for the quick response.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:53 PM

Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Ignition switch, and check your tranny fluid level.

'87 S10-Blazer - SOLD
'93 S10-Blazer 4x4x4 - Sold
'00 S10-Blazer 4x4x4 - 212,000 miles-Sold
'04 Trailblazer 4x4x4- 56,000 miles new DD.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:53 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
02, 2000, 99, blazer, chevy, flashing, light, s10, security, shut, stays, steady, system, turn, wont