2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Sun Visor Covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 11:53 AM
99BLAZERLS2WD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sun Visor Covers

I've seen this happen on several blazers, and now it's happening to mine. The covers that are on the vanity mirrors broke off their hinges. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or will I have to order this part off of ebay or GM's site? I have to have the cover on to keep the light from coming on, but if I need to use the sunvisor, the cover falls off into my lap![:'(] Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks in advance!

Old 02-15-2005, 09:30 PM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Sun Visor Covers

Maybe try taking the visor off, SOMEHOW disassemble it and glue the hinge back on???? I really don't know....

Old 02-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Sun Visor Covers

diconnect the light and don't worry about it? thats what id do

Old 08-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Beginning Member
BlindLemonLars is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zero psi
diconnect the light and don't worry about it? thats what id do
That's what I had to do. Those #$*(!! little lights kept draining my battery, before I figured it out. Even stranded me at the airport once. I just snipped the wires, who needs that worthless feature.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Beginning Member
Last C5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 99BLAZERLS2WD
I've seen this happen on several blazers, and now it's happening to mine. The covers that are on the vanity mirrors broke off their hinges. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or will I have to order this part off of ebay or GM's site? I have to have the cover on to keep the light from coming on, but if I need to use the sunvisor, the cover falls off into my lap![:'(] Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks in advance!
I just fixed both of mine and I did have to go ahead and order two visor covers off e-bay. The visor doors are part and parcel with the spring clip that holds the mirror in place making it impossibe to reglue the broken parts together. Easy fix though after you get the new covers, $14 ea.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:25 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

WOW...talk about an old post lol Dating back to 2005. The OP and several of the other posters haven't been active for a longgg time. I think its funny to see these really old threads get bumped lol.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:05 AM
Beginning Member
Last C5 is on a distinguished road

Yea, sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing after doing a search on visors. I was trying to find out what bulb the visors take. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:48 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

No worries. There's nothing wrong with bumping old threads. We prefer it actually lol. I just think it's funny to see something this old (5 years!!) come back to life.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

OT: Wow, doesn't seem like 2005 has been five years. I feel old.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Beginning Member
BlindLemonLars is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Last C5
Yea, sorry about that. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing after doing a search on visors. I was trying to find out what bulb the visors take. I'll try to be more careful in the future.
No worries...I'm actually the one who inadvertently re-animated this thread last August, after 4+ years of slumber!

I bought some used visor mirror assemblies on eBay, but found the hinges had the exact same hairline cracks around them that my originals had...they were probably weeks away from complete failure. I imagine any visors that old will have the same cracks, the plastic in our Blazers seems to fatigue quite easily.

Between them all, I managed to salvage two assemblies by reinforcing the hinge areas with a "berm" of JB Weld epoxy. It worked quite well, and doesn't look bad either as the epoxy color is quite similar to the plastic. I replaced the bulbs with LEDs...should the hinges break again, they should drain the battery a lot slower than incandescent bulbs. (And hopefully not strand me at the airport again!)

Quick Reply: Sun Visor Covers