2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Turning off DRL (daytime running lights) and AHL (auto headlamps) ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 01:04 PM
dave5point0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turning off DRL (daytime running lights) and AHL (auto headlamps) ?????

I know how to turn off the AHL (2200 ohm resistor between the sensor wires with the sensor unplugged), but on an s-10 forum they were saying that to get rid of the DRL to take the DRL relay and eliminate pin 86, so i did that, but the DRL still work???? I'm confused, even with the relay completely removed the stupid things still work! grrrrrrr. I really want to turn these stupid things off..... oh, and on a side note, i remember my old 98 s-10 had the DRL as the highbeems, but now this 99 blazer uses the normal headlights for DRL, and at full voltage too, wierd. Any help would be awesome.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:50 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Turning off DRL (daytime running lights) and AHL (auto headlamps) ?????

Thats odd about your DRLs...my 2000 uses the high beams at low voltage for DRLs.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Default RE: Turning off DRL (daytime running lights) and AHL (auto headlamps) ?????

i know, it is really wierd...... i think this thing may have come from the great white north (canada)

Old 11-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Scooterewski is an unknown quantity at this point

what up wolfpack??? Long time no reply! LOL I have the same thing on mines and bypassed the drl's.. In your relay box under the hood, remove the drl relay...there should be 5 pins, 3 on one side and 2 on the other...on the side with two pins you need to bend the pin that would be closest to the drivers seat installed outta the way and badaboomdabangdafrigginbang!!! No mas drl's!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:08 PM

yes, tried that...........

Old 11-15-2008, 07:18 PM
portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point

If removing that pin and removing the relay completly doesnt turn your DRL off then either it is the wrong relay, or it may be from canada. They may wire the canadian ones different since its illegal not to have them.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Check for a yellow wire running under the driver's side floor board. Cutting that wire should do it for you.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry for not replying on this, well dont take the relay out there is no need. i tryed that to and did not work. look for the fuse under the hood with a symbol on it, should be a black fuse. when i took the relay out all it did was make it so i only had one high beam when turned on. try that and let me know.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:26 PM

it is definitlly not the wrong relay, it is the only one in the underhood fuse box that says "DRL" on the diagram. I guess my next step is go to the BCM and see what wire only gets 12v when i put it in gear (that is when they come on)

Old 11-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point

try what i said first, it works and the fuse im talking about does not say drl. it is a black fuse not a block relay.

Quick Reply: Turning off DRL (daytime running lights) and AHL (auto headlamps) ?????