2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What are the 2 relays in the glove box for?

Old 08-11-2005, 01:23 PM
2FAST4U is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are the 2 relays in the glove box for?

On a 95 Blazer LT with vin W engine. I thought my Blazer had a bad fuel pump but I switched the relays and it fired right up (obviously one was for the fuel pump). Now I am wondering what the other relay is for.

Where could I get a replacement relay and approx. how much do they cost?

Old 08-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What are the 2 relays in the glove box for?

You should be able to pick up a replacement relay at any parts store. Typically, they are all the same no matter the use. I'm not sure how expensive it is.

BTW, are you on UNYCGP as well? Just joined over there and saw that one of the active members has the same screen name.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:15 PM
2FAST4U is an unknown quantity at this point

Off to AutoZone I go. I wonder if they have the wiring diagram so I could find out what the other relay is for?

Thats odd. I'm not a member of UNYCGP (I'm in Southern NJ), but I am a member of http://clubgp.com/ and my name there is 2FAST4Unj, since 2FAST4U was already taken when I signed up. Nice SSEI. I have pics of my car at http://gppacecar.isfun.net and http://gppacecar.250free.com/wheels/wheels.html

Old 08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, Autozone should have exactly what you are looking for. Just take the old one in and tell them it's for the fuel pump. It should be right around $10.

That's a nice GTP you've got there. If I didn't have a family, I would have opted for the 2 door GTP. The Bonneville just has alittle more room, a few more creature comforts, and similar performance. Plus, I basically stole my b'ville from the dealership! It was a deal that I couldn't pass up.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Also, one more note. As with any parts store (Autozone in particular for me), call ahead to make sure that they'll have the part there for you.

[rant]

My parts stores are only a max of 15 minutes away, but that is still 30 minutes lost (round trip) if they don't have what I need. And then you've got to go back. Plus, the autozone near me is WORTHLESS! The employees would be challenged if they were to work at McDonalds let alone someplace where they actually have to have some knowledge of automobiles (no offence to anyone that works in the fast food industry). Even if I send my order in via the internet, they still manage to suck 20 minutes of my time up in the store when I come to pick up my parts. If I call it in, most of the time I hangup in frustration and call Advanced Auto or Napa. I have to save atleast $30 by purchasing my parts from Autozone to even bother going there.

[/rant]

Old 08-12-2005, 02:30 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

While your at autozone, ask them wht the other relay is for.

I know the answer, just drawing a blank at the moment. The relays used to be under the hood on either the firewall or fender.