2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

What is this and why is it making a noise?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by scottl1346
i put a autozone pcv valve in a month or two and i have had no probs almost all my parts are from autozone water pump ball joints idler arm fuel pump and tank iv hade no issues with the parts from there cant beat the lifetime warranty just bring it back and get it for free for as long as you own the truck
good for you. But... maybe...You should have gone to vegas instead.
PO of my bird used all autozone parts.. I've already had to replace the brakes at less than 10,000 miles, the rack he bought leaks, one ball joint already shot.

Tell you what.. when your buddy's blazer has a problem.. tout up cheap parts and tell him if any of those fail, YOU will do the labor.

We try to help people avoid doing it over. Warranty dont mean **** when part has a 40% early fail rate.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mrkevinmjr
mine always does all that damn buzzing from day one...
I would go spend 2$ on a new one then. With the new one it quieted right now.

But like petty said.. getting parts that arent AC Delco isnt a good idea, but something like this that is so cheap and easy to replace i really didnt care. but for something like a fuel pump thats a huge pain in the A$$ to replace i would only ever go AC Delco.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Starting Member
scottl1346 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pettyfog
good for you. But... maybe...You should have gone to vegas instead.
PO of my bird used all autozone parts.. I've already had to replace the brakes at less than 10,000 miles, the rack he bought leaks, one ball joint already shot.

Tell you what.. when your buddy's blazer has a problem.. tout up cheap parts and tell him if any of those fail, YOU will do the labor.

We try to help people avoid doing it over. Warranty dont mean **** when part has a 40% early fail rate.
like i said i use autozone parts with no issues i do all my own work on my blazer. i did buy ball joints once from napa they lasted 2 yrs (greasing every oil change sometimes in between) with no warranty at 60 bucks a piece what a wast. i bought auto zone ball joints they last a year and a half to 2 years for 25 bucks a piece with a life time warranty if they go i take them all or 1 out bring them back and get all 4 or 1 for free for the LIFE OF THE VEHICLE. radiator is from there 4 years old, power steering pump year and a half old, water pump 3 years old, tie rods 3 years old brakes all they way around have at least 23k on them. sending unit is from Pep-boys that's 6 years old. there's more parts that im missing that have been in longer these are just the most recent ones iv changed. im not telling you or anyone here to use Autozone parts all im saying is iv had good luck with them. i do know there warranty policy changes state to state so maybe places where they don't honor lifetime warranty for the life of the truck maybe they get shotty parts. i do agree you get what you pay for but i have always bought there more expensive parts not there cheap parts. its my daily driver i dont take my truck mudding only abuse it sees is towing my atv or jet ski and snowmobile in the winter. 210,000 still going strong

Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

pcv valve changed to ac delco ta month ago and no more buzzing noise... i bought my buddy one and his is gone as well. im guessing USE THE ACDELCO pcv....

Old 03-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Starting Member
red06sc is on a distinguished road

interesting...mine also makes alot of noise. ive always been told as long as that center part is free...its ok. guess i ll just get a new one also.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:58 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Yeah the center part will free just not as free as it should be i guess. if your gas mileage isnt as good as it should be i would guess thats why

Old 03-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Starting Member
jbsnowboarder16 is on a distinguished road

I saw someone make a comment about the buzzing sound, my speedometer cable was touching the vacuum hose going into the PCV and made an annoying buzzing sound that seemed like it was coming from the gauge cluster so I just zip tied them apart