2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Where does vacuum line enter cruise control box ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Beginning Member
liberatorx2 is on a distinguished road
Default Where does vacuum line enter cruise control box ?

Have a 98 blazer. Fixed the push button 4x4 yesterday after reading up on this forum....THANKS! Now trying to fix cruise. Fuses good, cable good, shouldnt there be a vacuum line going into the cruise control box mounted under hood-drivers side ? The cruise cable is connected to it & I figured there would be a vacuum line going to it also but cannot see one ?

Old 04-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Cruise is all electronic, no vacuum line. What does it do, or not do?

Old 04-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Beginning Member

It just quit working. I found a thread with a list of steps to check each pin/wire in the cruise control plug , with a test light & at about step #10 when cruise SET button was pushed the tester didnt light up. It said results were either break in wire or bad CC switch ?

Old 04-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

In the instrument panel fuse block, are fuses 3 & 22 both good?

At the cruise module, the brown with white stripe wire must only show voltage with the brake applied, and the ignition in the RUN position.

Brown wire at the cruise switch, and at the cruise module, must both show battery voltage with the ignition in the RUN position.

Grey wire at the cruise switch, and at the cruise module, must both show battery voltage with the cruise switch ON and the ignition in the RUN position.

Dark blue wire at the cruise switch, and at the cruise module, must both show battery voltage with the cruise switch ON, the ignition in the RUN position, and the SET button pressed.

Black with white stripe wire at the module must show less than 5 ohms resistance to ground at all times.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Beginning Member

The blue wire at the module is not showing voltage when the SET button is pushed. I'll try & check it from the switch side in the morning to see if there's voltage at that end. BTW thanks for the input , I aint giving up yet......I havent checked the black wire w/white stripe for ohms yet, I'll check it too.
Thanks

Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 PM

Provided the brown and the grey wires were ok at the module, it's beginning to look like a bad switch. Let me know what you find.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Provided the brown and the grey wires were ok at the module, it's beginning to look like a bad switch. Let me know what you find.
Sure thing. Is there an easy way to remove the switch or possibly a link ?

Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM

With RPO codes K34 (cruise control) & N33 (tilt column)

AC Delco part #D6255C, (multifunction switch). Remove the knee bolster, and the upper and lower column covers to replace it. Amazon, Ebay, Rock auto, all have it. If you're looking for aftermarket, make sure it has cruise and will fit tilt column, (if you have it).

Old 04-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Beginning Member

Let me back up......I was wrong about not having voltage at blue wire when SET was pushed. My Daughter was pushing RESUME instead of the SET. I do have voltage on blue wire when Set is pushed. Didnt have time to check the ohms today, wife took the Blazer shopping. I'll try again tomorrow.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Beginning Member

O.K. at the module, the brown wire with white stripe shows voltage WITHOUT BRAKE pedal pushed ? I got the covers off from steering wheel but having hell finding each wire I'm looking for at the switch........had neck surgery 4 weeks ago & in a neckbrace, just hard to get into position.

Quick Reply: Where does vacuum line enter cruise control box ?