Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

10" Infinity Center Console. WIP.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Beginning Member
Masta Squidge is on a distinguished road
Default 10" Infinity Center Console. WIP.

First off, new to the site, and I own a 2001 2DR Jimmy, but same thing anyways right?

Found the site while looking for pictures of NICE lifted blazers for the GF because she says they all look redneck and trailer trash. I found what I needed in some of the galleries, and I have to say nice work.
After a bit I came across a couple stereo installs and figured rather than lurk I would add something of my own.

This thing will not be getting painted, so thats why I didnt put all that much effort into sanding it, and getting it all nice and smooth.

But I am still not done, and probably wont be until next summer at this rate, but here goes.

For starters, here is the pile of tools I used because I didnt want to drive 30 miles to my grandfather's shop:

A few cuts later I found out I didnt have enough clamps...

Problem solved?

T-Nuts everywhere, best things ever invented. Buy em in bulk these days, mostly because somehow I always manage to strip a couple, thats why I am two short here.

Moving along. The amp in there will eventually be used on my fronts. Have an MRP-350 for the sub:

Sadly I got motivated and too busy. Forgot to take pics during the glass process, but it is what it is.

Pulled it all out for a little more work. Decided to redo the armrest. This time I had a woodshop to work in.

I have more pictures somewhere that show the armrest as it is now, with the amp sort of half *** mounted inside, with cables that are all about 10 feet too long (literally). I need to get/make shorter RCAs and cut my power wires, but I am waiting until I figure out what to do with the second amp.

It is pretty amateur to be honest, but if I had more time and money I know I can produce a paintable product. This isnt my first jaunt into the realm of fiberglass, but I wont claim to be experienced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5l2m6b4TK0

This is how it stands now, but again doesnt show the armrest. I still need to go over the inside of the box and take care of a couple small leaks, and get my terminals properly situated, sealed and soldered. Not to mention create a top for the armrest, and figure out how I can incorporate a removable stand for my netbook that doesnt block the faceplate of the stereo... Oh and cup holders.

Last edited by Masta Squidge; 12-20-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:01 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Cool, that's a great idea. I'm excited to see the final product.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

x2.. Keep up the good work

Old 12-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Beginning Member

Apparently i cant type. Can anyone fix my title

Old 12-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default very nice

looks cool, and I bet it sounds cool haha good job

Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

COD 4! haha on ebay they have a pre-made center like this but the sub is hidden. cant wait to see this finished.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:25 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

hey you have the same woofer as me. I'd miss my cupholders too much if I did that thou. I've been playing around with fiber glass I might be building a custom box soon

Old 01-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Beginning Member

you can always build cupholders into it. Which I am planning on doing, i just need to get some funds in order.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:47 AM
slammed95blazer is on a distinguished road

I love the idea, but I wouldnt personally use it because if you under or over power the sub your going to be able to hear to more since its right in front of you.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Beginning Member

What? No.

No such thing as under-powering a sub. At least not in the sense that it is not safe.

And i dont know how the power combined with the positioning would cause any sort of problem either.

1: I know how to set a gain, and
2: If you are worried about it overtaking the speakers in terms of volume, that's a problem to be addressed in any system regardless of how it is set up.

Quick Reply: 10" Infinity Center Console. WIP.